Using NZ Advanced Scaffolding Ticket in Perth (1 Viewer)

bRiZoN

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help with this matter..... I have a NZ Advanced Scaffolding Ticklet and I was wondering how I would go about changing my ticket to the Aussie Ticket or getting my aussie advanced ticket realively quickly... I have vast knowledge with tube n clip, lahyer, kedar, kwik, etc etc blah blah.... and I live in Perth (just moved here and scored a Scaffn job... luckily)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Lads

Unfortunatley your New Zealand advanced scaffold ticket is not recognised in Australia , you will have to start from scratch again , its the same as our British advanced scaffold ticket is not recognised in New Zealand or Australia although it is a far superior advanced ticket .
On the plus side you can earn up to $30 a hour just labouring in Australia were as
$30 a hour would be very strong money for a advanced Kiwi

Unfortunatley your New Zealand advanced scaffold ticket is not recognised in Australia , you will have to start from scratch again , its the same as our British advanced scaffold ticket is not recognised in New Zealand or Australia although it is a far superior advanced ticket .
On the plus side you can earn up to $30 a hour just labouring in Australia were as

Yea i had to redo my ticket when i went to aus from new zealand, the union sites are where the good money is at but they are really hard to get onto.

thanks paul. more info in 1 sentence than about 15 e-mails,cheers.

Cheers Everyone for the info... sux .... but oh well **** happens aye

Are you looking for a start

If you are looking for a start in and around Perth get in touch

thanks mate, will do, was there and sydney last year, but arse fell out of the game same as everywhere,plan to be there around xmas,thanks

I got started with SMS scaffolding. Pretty good work enviroment millwall.. give them a call if you like dude im sure you can get their number online.... ask for Mark he is the boss

cheers mate, heard scaffwest and cape are big there, is there plenty of perth work, dont fancy the fly in fly out stuff? how long you been there?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help with this matter..... I have a NZ Advanced Scaffolding Ticklet and I was wondering how I would go about changing my ticket to the Aussie Ticket or getting my aussie advanced ticket realively quickly... I have vast knowledge with tube n clip, lahyer, kedar, kwik, etc etc blah blah.... and I live in Perth (just moved here and scored a Scaffn job... luckily)

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers Lads
Hey bro, pleasure to meet you.
Unfortunately as previously mentioned yeah Kiwi tickets not recognized here at all considering our jobs are governed by the Aus/Nz Safety Standards, I know, go figure lol the same goes again for the HUET ticket from what I've been told, something to do with NZ being for cold water & Aus being for warm water not sure on the truths behind it but still have had it come up from a few of the boys.
I haven't been in the game long but am happy to share what I know.
I'm not 100% on WA's legislation on attaining High Risk tickets but the best place to start that I know of and if you've got the cash is to do your tickets is in Vic bro, Morewell Tafe is where a few mates have obtained there Advance tickets http://www.egtafe.vic.edu.au/campus/twsc/TWSC%20Training%20Solutions%20Brochure.pdf your still able to obtain your tickets there without having to go through the whole log book thing and with your background it would be right up your alley, costly but the quickest way. You picked a really good spot to immigrate to & if you don't mind FIFO, plenty of work for Perth based workers, you've got the LNG plant Woodside up at Burrup Peninsula, Port Hedland, Karratha, The Pilbarra and various places as well as the big one coming up the Gorgon Project a LNG plant being built on Burrow Island it seems to be creating quite a buzz http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/mp/6839633/gorgon-workers-to-get-pay-bonanza/
some of the companies getting around up there are HWE Mining which are a subsidary of Leightons, Monodelphous, Theiss, MAS & AGC just to name a few.
Hope this helps & the best of luck to ya bro on your new beginings:)

Do these big firms in W.A only take on advanced ticketed scaffolders? Cheers

Thanks Cheekymoriboi, mean thanks heaps cuz, will be folowing that info you gave me up bro cheers!

Millwall: I've been here just over a week bro, and your right scafwest is big here... there has been a dying down of work earlier but things are picking up so it seems, my new employer has a **** load of work piled up mate Ive just finished a 12 hour day gotta another 12 hour day tomorrow, working right thru for awhile id say good pay too. I thought Perth would be abit stuck up but its a nice place with nice people..... just gotta get my bearing on the navigation side of this maze of a city.

Do these big firms in W.A only take on advanced ticketed scaffolders? Cheers
Mainly yes although there are the odd companies out there that will take on Intermediate tickets, it may also pay to invest in a few other tickets such as Riggers, EWP, Fork the likes of that, alot of companies out there like the dual tickets, depending on where your applying to and if your lucky enough you might get recruited by a company that is willing to invest in you and pay for tickets to get ya where they want you to be:)

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:37 PM ----------

Thanks Cheekymoriboi, mean thanks heaps cuz, will be folowing that info you gave me up bro cheers!

Sweet as, the biggest problem I had when I first moved here was networking I didn't know alot of people in the industry to chat with, this forum is a great networking tool and it's always a pleasure to share what I know.
Scafwest looks like they've got their fingers in a lot of pies, you should be able to clean up with all the work coming up lol

Cheers cheekymoriboi thanks for the info im currently looking @ moving to W.A in the near future just trying to source contacts ect...ect, may have to take up your advise & get some of these extra tickets, EWP ect...if that helps:)

Cheers cheekymoriboi thanks for the info im currently looking @ moving to W.A in the near future just trying to source contacts ect...ect, may have to take up your advise & get some of these extra tickets, EWP ect...if that helps:)
Sweet as, all a pleasure to help:)

Talking to a Aussie scaff today and he told me that it took him two weeks to gain his advanced ticket , the reason for this he said is that there is a shortage of scaffs there so thats why it can be gained quick , but having said that this Aussie scaff should not be allowed to wear a set of spanners

some good info here boys, good to see, another ticket good to have for uk scaffs is power cradles, as thats what a lot of oz work is, not to sure on the kiwi side, but sounds like a couple of our kiwi boys can heads up on that one.

Someone get me 2 tickets for U2 at the Subiacco Oval on December 18 please.

Am out in Perth for the Ashes.

help!! please not sure if im doing it right??

Hi boyz,
Im moving to Perth (port kennedy) from NZ in 2 weeks ive only had 3 months of scaffolding experience, i got laid off work because just not enough work in my little town a work mate told me about W.A and what it can offer. Ive only had a little experience at scaffolding but i enjoy it right up my alley.
So ive decided to pack up and move over, the second day im there i start basic to advanced scaffolding tickets and work at heights/Confined spaces, im not sure if im doing the right tickets and would there be companies out there willing to hire a unskilled advanced scaffolder like myself, willing to do anything to get a scaffolding job, FIFO, contruction etc... does anyone know of good companies out there?? going to knock on as many doors as i can lol.

Top Bottom