1 day assessment

grafter

Reaction score
got 1 day assessment comeing up shortly anyone know the pass rate i think you just have to put up what did on 2 week part 2 coarse.or does anyone know if alot of people fail it

i dont no of any1 failing but, you should be confident enough to go back and do your final assessment, if not i wouldnt bother doing it, until you was ready

Grafter have faith my friend.

you will be ok as long as you have listened and learned.

Make sure your 'Switched on' no go with a hangover or worse illegal substances.

Check you have all your materials needed at hand, and maybe revise through your previous course notes, as we all can and will pick up practices not recommended from our Mentors:eek:

PPE,SG4:05 and any other site induction are of paramount importance mate.

Enjoy it mate, and we cant wait to hear you crow on here, about it being a piece of p!ss

Regards
Paddy

i had to do the pavement gantry with the truss out thrown off it! only 5 of the 9 people turned up! basically they just want to see your capable of working together and of thinking and communicating!

Just take your time and talk it through with the other lads and you'll be fine!

i had to do the pavement gantry with the truss out thrown off it! only 5 of the 9 people turned up! basically they just want to see your capable of working together and of thinking and communicating!

Just take your time and talk it through with the other lads and you'll be fine!

Good advice mate,thanks for the post.

Paddy

Well said guys. Just a quicky from me. Make sure you all do the spannerwork and labouring. Nothing to be worried abart. You'll get a drawing a little bit of theory and explanation and go and build it. Do it to the drawing. Have fun and don't be scared.

hows your boss now grafter.as he calmed down now m8.

I did it when I finally went back to do my advanced, and they realised me and another guy had never been assessed. When I started you didn't have to be assessed, just turn up. Don't worry about small mistakes, unless it collapses round your ears you will pass, I have yet to meet a man who failed this.

I did it when I finally went back to do my advanced, and they realised me and another guy had never been assessed. When I started you didn't have to be assessed, just turn up. Don't worry about small mistakes, unless it collapses round your ears you will pass, I have yet to meet a man who failed this.

Assessed!!!! i dont know about that mate, Sectioned is the word your looking for,lol:cool::cool:

That's probably a better word for it Paddy. Hopefully get oot soon.:eek:

I still need to finish portfolio before i can book a date, but i got told on my part 2 that the assessment is usually the truss out. they let you get as far as throwing the needles out and mark it from there. That is at Birmingham traing centre anyways.

Sounds about right. The worst assessment I have ever done was for rigblast, who if I remember correctly refused to acknowledge the citb tickets and always quoted that when it came to putting basics through their advanced, try getting a job with them without it though. They gathered every scaff on the elf-elgin hook up in their yard and told them to build a single lift tower and as soon as they could see you install your Aberdeens you were in. Needless to say after a couple of trips the rig looked like a bag of knitting.:eek:

AOM
Yes mate the Aberdeens are the dogs dangly bits. I was erecting a Loading bay, i kicked it off on using Aberdeen Transoms, the guy i was working with never had a 'Scooby' i finishrd the job.

Went back a few days later and the daft tw@ had placed checkls under the Aberdeens:eek:

Unbielevable Paddy, some folk will never get it. We use them a lot, sometimes when I can be bothered that's all the wee apprentice will do all day is make them up and feed them to us. I was thinking about this when the young team were talking about chalking everything, but I thought I wouldn't spoil it for them.:toung:

no tight as a mouses ear and wants blood sweat and tears out of ya most days impossible and still thinks all the jobs should be done. shot away i think

Top Bottom