Loading Bay Design (1 Viewer)

mart62

Reaction score
I am looking for a loading bay design if anyone can help me out.

Specifically looking for a 6 board wide loading bay for a timber frame build. Would ideally like to provide access to the 1st and 2nd lifts (2.1m lift height centre to centre)

I have seen this done on a job in Stevenage using a steel ladder beam across the front with plan bracing but I didnt like the look of it really.

Many thanks

Martin

why dont you ask one of the designers on here (chriseng or therutts ) to do you a drawing

paddy dont tell me you have that as night time reading just before bed

Page 68 TG20:08 mate, hope that helps.

Is that a design you can use Paddy, or is it more like the fan example where it's really for illustration only and you still need a designer to sign it off? :suspicious:

Is that a design you can use Paddy, or is it more like the fan example where it's really for illustration only and you still need a designer to sign it off? :suspicious:

AOM my little learned, Northern Clansman, it was not so much the illustration i meant to represent. It was the Guidance regarding the Loading bay. designed to 10Kn per whatever sq ft. the design was comphrehensive in its stature, however, for the use of a Double lift loading bay? Ok they are saying Beams this and Beams that,However the weight is still transported to the STDs Via the ground. Yes you are correct, no Generic drawing, Job specific only.

Paddy

Hi

I dont have a standard design for all loading bays, but can knock up a quick design if needed.

I have fairly standard ones for timber frame houses with top lift only boarded only,

With 2.1m lifts and bridged this would reduce the clearance to the gate/ opening so not sure how that would be accepted.

Drop me a post with you details if you need a design, but am busy at moment so may take a week or two.

All the best

Chris Eng

Hi

I dont have a standard design for all loading bays, but can knock up a quick design if needed.

I have fairly standard ones for timber frame houses with top lift only boarded only,

With 2.1m lifts and bridged this would reduce the clearance to the gate/ opening so not sure how that would be accepted.

Drop me a post with you details if you need a design, but am busy at moment so may take a week or two.

All the best

Chris Eng

Many thanks for your reply Chris.

I need to build the first loading bay on Tuesday so not much time really. But anyway the loading bay needs to serve the roofers at 2nd lift first, then back down to first lift for brickies then back upto 2nd lift for brickies so a bit of a pain really.

Martin

Hi

I have a generic sort of design for a loading bay, if you are just going to 2nd lift and back down again it should cover it.

You need to send me you details, so I can change title block, etc.

Afraid there would also be a charge.

Regards

Chris Eng

hi all,.anybody out there who was at bircham newton in 1979-1980, i was in gang s27, lloydy from west brom..

Its not just the drwgs my friend the important bit is the seperate calcs sheet you should get with it. I think ive got wot u need but im not back till monday afternoon

Top Bottom