Alloy tubing

R

Raymond 1969

Why is it that you only get 20ft tubes and not 21ft tubes in ALLOY :nuts:

often wondered that meselt , must be the set up in the aluminium mills !

you know that , or a 8 lifter or big boy stack

when i had my own firm,the chap i bought gear off,was selling ali tube,in 26ft lengths.:D

Ray I know the answer to this as you did me with the same question the other week..

I must admit it is a good answer think metric..... still not sure if its 100% correct but the answer did seem logical.

i dont need much so id happily pay that just to make life a bit easier

a roofer phoned me 2 years ago and asked if i wanted to by some gear he had, when i looked at it it was all alloy pushed my luck and told him hse didnt like us using it and offered him 20p a foot, got 3000 foot £600 **** me you would have thought i had won the lottery as i drove it back to the yard :) :) :)

a roofer phoned me 2 years ago and asked if i wanted to by some gear he had, when i looked at it it was all alloy pushed my luck and told him hse didnt like us using it and offered him 20p a foot, got 3000 foot £600 **** me you would have thought i had won the lottery as i drove it back to the yard :) :) :)
fancy selling me some then, and as its 2 years older than when you bought it....

Without trying to put the dampers on things, are you not allowed to Mix n Match tubing:blink: Ali Tube=Ali fittings.

I know a firm from the 'Toon' that has only Alloy Tubes and Fittings,they are a sister company to a roofing company. They must of had their kit for years as i have never come across Ali fittings on-site.

had a few alli palmers fittings in the past , great big things

i was told the two metals corrode each other, alley beams are intended for use with steel tube tho so i dont know. i'd only be using the alley for stacks or handrails etc and they wouldnt be up long enough to corrode anyway really

Top Bottom