Layher advanced handrail

RedViking

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPjnlPGxJ7s]YouTube - Layher Scaffolding USA - Advance Guardrail System - www.layherusa.com[/ame]

Seen this already on here Redviking, actally thought it was you. Also thought there was some kind of flaw on it and it buckled on someone and one large company removed it from service untill investigation was completed. Might be wrong, could be getting mixed up but hopefully who ever posted problems with advanced rail will put me straight.

looks good compared with other systems

Seen this already on here Redviking, actally thought it was you. Also thought there was some kind of flaw on it and it buckled on someone and one large company removed it from service untill investigation was completed. Might be wrong, could be getting mixed up but hopefully who ever posted problems with advanced rail will put me straight.

Think that was the cobisafe system AOM, as far as I know its been withdrawn pending investigation.

System guardrails are pretty easy really, even the step up system work well with them as its so easy to pop your handrails in before you get up.

T&F advanced guardrail are a different matter, totally impractical.

this look alot easier and more effient to use rather then all the other crap on the market.

Why do you need these for System scaffolding?

I thought it would be just as easy, and more cost effective, to have 2 additional board (or whatever they are called) bearing Transoms, and one of those Board things, on the completed lift below and work your way along installing the above lift and handrails by just using these additional 3 items, like a dummy lift/Step-up platform. Its the same principle isnt it?

I hope you can understand what i mean, i dont know if my fingers have relayed what my brain says:nuts:

Regards
Paddy

The sad thing is Paddy, I know exactly what you mean.:eek: Never really thought of doing that either and will maybe give it a go, you could do it with double hoppers as well so as not to block the lift. You could do the same with t&f but not just as easy.

The sad thing is Paddy, I know exactly what you mean.:eek: Never really thought of doing that either and will maybe give it a go, you could do it with double hoppers as well so as not to block the lift. You could do the same with t&f but not just as easy.

AOM mate
Yeah the double hoppers :idea:( Cantilever brkts i take it) would be a better option spot on mate.

Funny how the terminology varies up and down the country, never known them as anything other than hop-ups, and as usual, lazy speakers changed them to hoppers, double cantilevered brackets just takes too much effort.:push::D

Top Bottom