Liability Insurance

BetterTAX

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place to post this.

I was wondering what you do about Liability Insurance. Do you pay it yourself? If so, who do you use... share some info as I'm sure prices vary.

costs a fortune specially when you claim off it and want to renew next year , theres loads of lloyds syndicates and main one used to be INK and BRIT

I stay with the same company every year as its just easier and they load your policy if you start to shop around aparently

£5K this year for me.

After the Quinn debacle I wanted a name to appease a few customers who flagged up trouble at Quinn's long before my renewal date. Finally went with Axa as I reckoned they had better cover although not the cheapest. Ten years without a claim (touch wood) seems to have worked in my favour as the cost has plummeted in the past 5 years.

i use insurance world, £1700 for 5 million pound cover that includes employers liability as well

we are with INK £5 million public and £10 million employers and a personel life policy for me £1100 a year. It has come down a hell of a lot it in the last few years,was almost £10,000 a few years ago

that seems rather expensive or is that for lorrys, 10+ employees?
i use Business Insurance - tailored cover with up to 50% no claims bonus and it cost me £437 for the year 5million cover
no its not for lorries, just public and employers liability. i thought it was reasonable tbh, its only my 2nd policy i was with quinn before and it was double that so i snatched their hand off, i'l deffinately give yours a ring now though, thats really good thanks
edit: just tried em, £3700 or there abouts, not sure if its because im only in my 2nd year or what?

Last edited:
thats gonna have a lot to do with it atlasash , ask them if you can increase you excess that might help, its like any insurance you need the no claims to build up mate.

thats gonna have a lot to do with it atlasash , ask them if you can increase you excess that might help, its like any insurance you need the no claims to build up mate.
im gonna stick with this for a year, get my no claims(hopefully) and review it then i think :)

Thanks for the replies, guys. I just thought it may be a helpful exercise for you all to compare prices and what you get :)

Hi Guys,

Insurance for Scaffolders has always been high, thankfully it has come down in recent years. You may find alot of your employers/main contractors stating you need AA Rated insurance companies which does carry a higher price!
there are several markets quoting at the moment and it would be good to hear from anyone that wanted our opinion?

Wont RAC do the job or greenflag ha !

Try "Simply Business" knocked spots of every other quote I had.

Top Bottom