Layher at the village church (1 Viewer)

Trevor

Reaction score
Hope these aren't too tame!:smile1:

Was at my mums for the last few days. She lives next door to the village church which was being worked on and saw these stange scaffolding tubes with the plates.
A nice little loading bay had been constructed as well. All the work of Acorn Scaffolding.

Is the Layher system the "in" or up-and-coming thing, or is it somehow more suited to buildings of a certain non-standard construction? I'm intrigued.

Attachments

• DSC_0553resized.jpg
    DSC_0553resized.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 121
  • DSC_0566resized.jpg
    DSC_0566resized.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 109
  • IMAG0665resized.jpg
    IMAG0665resized.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 110
  • DSC_0558.jpg
    DSC_0558.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 105
  • DSC_0559edited.jpg
    DSC_0559edited.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 103
Alright trevor,Layer as been here for years,Palmers used to own the rights to it under the name Allround.But a German company called LAYER bought the patent and made huge strides in making all the extra components needed for its use in all kinds of different scaffolding situations.Used all over euorpe its becoming one of the most versatile systems out there.;)

good stuff so they say , never really got involved with ring lock dear as fooook

good stuff so they say , never really got involved with ring lock dear as fooook
Your wright there scaffy,T/F works with it ok when making alterations if you have,nt got all the components,Better than any other systems,which usually makes the job look like a bag of s***e ;)

Notice that they have not used Layher steel boards , putting transoms and 13' boards on the Layher ledgers will lower the height of the top guardrail , should not mix and match

paul you learn something new everyday

Well spotted Paul

Hi Paul

Well spotted on the boards on the ledgers on transoms. The ledger centers are fitted at 1.0m and so it will be less than required.

See that they have put triple handrails on some of the lifts so that is better.

Not sure if the Layher ledger is designed for this type of loading either ?

Layher is a good system, but the cost and fixed lengths/ bays of the steel decks can put people off.

Your right in that mixing and matching is not good.

Not sure where they would stand if there was a failure. ?:eek:h:

Thanks for the photos though

Chris Eng

was lead to believe new like for like 3m standard
Cuplock 12.00
Kstage 9.00
Layher 25.00

I would say layher is good kit but u need all the components

Thats all interesting, thanks for all the info. More than double the price eh? I expect they take alot more room to store and transport. If it was THAT good everyone would be using it.

When I first saw the Layher tubes, it reminded me of what Meccano has become with parts made almost specifically for the limited range of models on the box. In my dad's day (and mine) Meccano was completely free range and any special engineering feature had to be built from literally the nuts and bolts of the system. I'm also led to believe that the instructions for the models then had deliberate mistakes in them to test the builder's powers of ingenuity, invention and problem solving abilities.

Some more pics attached so you can examine Acorn's work further. :)

Attachments

• DSC_0567.jpg
    DSC_0567.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0570.jpg
    DSC_0570.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0572.jpg
    DSC_0572.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0573.jpg
    DSC_0573.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0577.jpg
    DSC_0577.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 40
Based that on when we was buying staircases we had a few layher and a few cuplock - obviousley went with cuplock , we stock a lot of kwikstage that we use for certain jobs and its great for storing and transport we have hiabs and forklifts - but you cant beat tube and fitting.
A few years ago layher sent brochures out of packages for sale and was something like 20k for 6m x 30m run haha , stick with thetube
Never seen an acorn job but i have heard they are an ok company and a big player up north

Thats all interesting, thanks for all the info. More than double the price eh? I expect they take alot more room to store and transport. If it was THAT good everyone would be using it.

When I first saw the Layher tubes, it reminded me of what Meccano has become with parts made almost specifically for the limited range of models on the box. In my dad's day (and mine) Meccano was completely free range and any special engineering feature had to be built from literally the nuts and bolts of the system. I'm also led to believe that the instructions for the models then had deliberate mistakes in them to test the builder's powers of ingenuity, invention and problem solving abilities.

Some more pics attached so you can examine Acorn's work further. :)

Third picture ,the hoist any more pictures of it ?
Looks like the same one i used on the Anglican catherdral in liverpool for lyndons in 2004 (still got the paint on !! ) I had beentold it got scrapped !!

ohhh this could get intresting why did it need scraping?

No idea I remember using it on a demo job in manchester, scaffold was a haki independent and it was great for system .
Erected tunnel method and got the lad on the deck to send up a bay at a time ,Eagle star house ,Moseley street .

Hi RedViking

Glad to oblige. :)

They are just crops of the other pic (though hopefully showing more detail). I was with my five year old nephew at the time and he would have probably wanted a ride in it if we had inspected it closer. The only pics I got of the hoist were from roughly the same viewpoint as the one I've uploaded.

I'm genuinely surprised that this thread has aroused the interest it has.

Attachments

• DSC_0573crop1.jpg
    DSC_0573crop1.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSC_0573crop2.jpg
    DSC_0573crop2.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Hi RedViking

Glad to oblige. :)

They are just crops of the other pic (though hopefully showing more detail). I was with my five year old nephew and the time and he would have probably wanted a ride in it if we had inspected it closer. The only pics I got of the hoist were from roughly the same viewpoint as the one I've uploaded.

I'm genuinely surprised that this thread has aroused the interest it has.

It has a new box but thats the one !!

Like you fellas have said you need all the components to fully appreciate how usefull layer is.Its to expensive to buy new,I,m a T/F man always will be,But after using it for Deborah,s in the Aviation industry where we had the use of nearly all the components it seemed good to me or it might have been the near perfect conditions we were working,. inside the hangers erecting around the aircraft.;)

thats probabley it joe 90 , even kwikstage in a hanger would be spot onn ha

Top Bottom