Scaffolders Dump Waste (1 Viewer)

HatterScaff

Reaction score
A scaffolding company has been fined nearly £95,000 on two charges of dumping, treating and keeping illegal construction waste without a licence.

ADIS Scaffolding was given a fine of £20,000 on each charge, in addition to prosecution costs of £21,244.13 and compensation fees of £33,700. The charges arose after the company was found to be providing soil contaminated with wood, rubble and plastic, thought to be from its sister business CP Skips, which crushes rubble from construction and demolition waste.

ADIS director Malcolm Knights also instructed an employee to tip screened building waste on to a Cresswell, Northumberland site where he held a tenancy agreement with UK Coal Mining, which did not allow the deposit of such waste. The company was also found to be burying, instead of segregating and removing, waste from a second site in Hodthorpe.

Environment Agency officer Dave Brown said: “ADIS Scaffolding used the land at Creswell and Hodthorpe illegally for the deposit of waste, saving it about £26,000 and drawing other people unknowingly into illegal waste activity.

“The law exists to protect people and the environment from the consequences of such actions. As this court case demonstrates, we are not prepared to tolerate this sort of activity and we hope today’s result will deter others from such irresponsible behaviour.”

ADIS did not appear in court to defend the allegations, and was subsequently charged under section 33 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 in respect of deposits of building waste at unlicensed sites at Greenacres (Worksop) and Cresswell. ADIS Scaffolding was unavailable for comment.

fook that for a game of skittles

I understand that they have no gone into admin, and suprise suprise they are up and running again ! All gear was sold to the new company, seriously fishy me thinks.

I've just been informed the owner of Adis Scaffolding died this morning he (Malcolm Knight) had been sufferinmg with Cancer for a while.

Top Bottom