DSC00593.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 913
  • DSC00597.jpg
    DSC00597.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 844
  • DSC005999.jpg
    DSC005999.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 826
missing front ledger on second lift - polish man climbing about like a monkey and one of the lads drinking first thing on a morning on the job

havent done much street work so i dont knkow what the rules are about missing out ledgers but they assured me they do it all the time ,

missing front ledger on second lift - polish man climbing about like a monkey and one of the lads drinking first thing on a morning on the job

havent done much street work so i dont knkow what the rules are about missing out ledgers but they assured me they do it all the time ,

He's got gloves on! What's the problem? :laugh:

this is why a lot of good scaffs are out of work because you have numbtys like these

yep big ben scaffold that i worked at,have a lad with no tickets that does this sort of stuff.think they know best,till they reach for ledger and fall off.scandalous,hse would have a heart attack.

Red stripe !!! Least ours do stella !!
Looks like a rite shower of ***** outfit , whats the coo ran out of sleeves

especially when they are leaving out ledgers , is it ok to do that , because i thought different. also . . . is it ok to sleeve off a 20ft sway brace

. . . is it ok to sleeve off a 20ft sway brace[/QUOTE]

Yes it is as long as you splice the joint.

if theve got cisrs tickets.then il say no more get out soon as you can kev.

was always told that a sleeve is a load bearing fitting and fine to join sway braces in fact i have done designed work with them.they aint no street scaffolders mate high lift put in a single handrail and a dummy lift to work of there braces dont even go to the ledger, who ever sent these mugs to the job needs needs his head looking at.

yes i will mate . working with cowboys at the minute. dont know wether to say anything about the polish lad . someone is going to end up getting hurt or worse . . killed

wouldnt get away with it down here

sleeves do have a load bearing of 3.5 and 5.5 depending on type a or b, but the load weights are scrapped when in tension ie in beam work on bottom chord. Ithink personally that if ur not sure then splice it uing 4 swivs minimum then no one can pull ya. And no scaffolding is meant to be erected like that, idealy all inetermeadiate lifts shold be double on double how do these people sleep at night.Dont think i cud NOD OFF after putting that up!!!

and were are the handrails,that theres supposed to be,when erecting by tunnel method.if they have been erecting for council work,and needed a curb licence,why has the council officer not pulled them on anything.obviously not doing there job right either.so council in the wrong to.:eek:

because the council are supposed to make sure the job is to bs5973 or whatever the new code of practic is,before giveing the licence,or it used to be were i live.i once had a job up,a bus hit the job,tried to claim off me,i counter claimed off council for not doing there job right.

Top Bottom