**hilti drill replaces the spanner** (2 Viewers)

Rev up!!

Reaction score
HI guys has any of you been given the mini hilti gun with holder by your companys?? reason i ask is bcoz all the lads on my firm r and im in a bit of 2 minds about it. oh yeah dont 4get the weekly charge of £4.00 p/w.

feedback on this 1 would b gr8. cheerz fellas:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

do you have a choice? or do you have to use one? £4/wk charge that is taking the pi ss, i think that companies are worried about operatives are going to be hitting them for hand arm repetive strain injuries?

HI guys has any of you been given the mini hilti gun with holder by your companys?? reason i ask is bcoz all the lads on my firm r and im in a bit of 2 minds about it. oh yeah dont 4get the weekly charge of £4.00 p/w.

feedback on this 1 would b gr8. cheerz fellas:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

Must be some powerful battery!

hope you take your spanner with you,if you get a gable end to do,were you can only get two or three boards in.not practical in my eyes,but thats how i see it,do they charge you for the drill,and any breakages or loss,would mean big bill from bosses then.:eek:do you get spare battery,and on board wagon charger,leave wagon running while it charges,that would be ideal for the pikeys.:D

I can see another ticket and a course coming.more money for the suits.lol

**drill**

No choice orac gotta hav em. they get issued 2moz. we get spar battery, power pack 2 share, batteries last about 3hrs continuous use. the actual drill is the mini hilti torque drill [red] which r commonly used 4 gettin hilti bolts in and out of walls. any faults giv em in and hilti send us out new ens. @ no extra charge, insurance. o.k fair enough but we didnt really need or ask 4 em so we should not be charged. just my opinion but what can we do ayy.:eek:h::eek:h::eek:h::eek:h:

No choice orac gotta hav em. they get issued 2moz. we get spar battery, power pack 2 share, batteries last about 3hrs continuous use. the actual drill is the mini hilti torque drill [red] which r commonly used 4 gettin hilti bolts in and out of walls. any faults giv em in and hilti send us out new ens. @ no extra charge, insurance. o.k fair enough but we didnt really need or ask 4 em so we should not be charged. just my opinion but what can we do ayy.:eek:h::eek:h::eek:h::eek:h:
hi Rev up!!. who u work 4 ?? and how many they gettin ?? and is the 4 quid charge the normal rate or is it a deal done by ur firm nd hilti ??

Hello Rev i have never seen these how big are they? if you strike a job thats been up a while as you know you sometimes gotta beat your spanner hard to crack it,can you hit these as well and is there a danger of spraining or even breaking your wrist.
could you post a photo when you get 5 minutes mate :)

for fucks sake next thing will be using torque wrenches to work with. we all know the new kids on the block do there fittings up to tight cause there green and put to much gear in a job but this is shhiitte:evil: worked on the channel tunnel years ago not scaffolding but putting the water cooling brackets up, had a QA watch us and pull us for not torqueing the bolts we used a 32mm spanner open ended and every bolt he checked clicked with a torque wrench, was set to 240lb, so his next breath was that we had overtightened the bolts. you will never beat the system cause there full of academics that havent ever worked in the real world and the others are just jumped up never liked at school and still not liked and normally short arse little pricks:nuts:

is this the tool scaff2010

HILTI-SIW-144-A-14-4V-CORDLESS-IMPACT-WRENCH they are around £500 ? man you couldn't leave that sitting anywhere

Taken from the HSAWA 1974
Duty not to charge employees for things done or provided pursuant to certain specific requirements.No employer shall levy or permit to be levied on any employee of his any charge in respect of anything done or provided in pursuance of any specific requirement of the relevant statutory provisions.
Annotations:

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I realise the adherence of the act is in the eye of the beholder, however, why should you have to pay £4.00 pw?

Taken from the HSAWA 1974
Duty not to charge employees for things done or provided pursuant to certain specific requirements.No employer shall levy or permit to be levied on any employee of his any charge in respect of anything done or provided in pursuance of any specific requirement of the relevant statutory provisions.
Annotations:

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

I realise the adherence of the act is in the eye of the beholder, however, why should you have to pay £4.00 pw?

Indeed. Tell em bo**ocks!

These are quite good and fast in certain jobs,but try to undone the double afterwards is a nightmare with a spanner
especially the titanium spanner i use,also the damn noise gets iritating after a while.
Good idea but they still need to be lighter and smaller

Been talking to the Hilti man about this today said he would be willing to a deal with scaffs.. his mobile number is 07801 975 546 or email him at \; mark.simpson@hilti.com

Jesus fuckin' christ what is the world coming to? Whatever next, will you blokes be using lasers for plumbing & levelling. For fucks sake.
30 years in the game. A bubble is 10" long and my spanner handle 9" long. I have never even needed a tape! I haven't just worked on building sites either. QE2 bridge, Tower Bridge, Chelsea Bridge, Canary Wharfe and Post Office tower to name a few!

Jesus fuckin' christ what is the world coming to? Whatever next, will you blokes be using lasers for plumbing & levelling. For fucks sake.
30 years in the game. A bubble is 10" long and my spanner handle 9" long. I have never even needed a tape! I haven't just worked on building sites either. QE2 bridge, Tower Bridge, Chelsea Bridge, Canary Wharfe and Post Office tower to name a few!

Ah at last, a real scaffolder!

Digg Manufacturers Instructions need checking out on this mate, fittings should only be fastened to a 50Nm and in the past my dealings with these guns normally take you well passed this??

IS scarey Phil. What the **** is going on? How would you do a lay down, hanger or truss out with one of them un-wieldly things. Would you really put your trust in a machine to do up your "Parrot perch" or dropper? Not me! What if the poor ****** that comes to strike it on price hasn't got one? Also as your man says, bet they over tighten. I have spent too long teaching young uns not to pull their ******** out on a fitting. Now they want to run it right into the gate. This can only over strtch a fitting, especially them **** Indian & mchinese pieces of crap!!!!!!!!

IS scarey Phil. What the **** is going on? How would you do a lay down, hanger or truss out with one of them un-wieldly things. Would you really put your trust in a machine to do up your "Parrot perch" or dropper? Not me! What if the poor ****** that comes to strike it on price hasn't got one? Also as your man says, bet they over tighten. I have spent too long teaching young uns not to pull their ******** out on a fitting. Now they want to run it right into the gate. This can only over strtch a fitting, especially them **** Indian & mchinese pieces of crap!!!!!!!!

I totally agree mate, I think it's pointless and won't last 5 minutes.
Will be great when people start dropping them...
There's another thread about these peices of crap, which I posted on yesterday.

Top Bottom