PDA

View Full Version : SG19 Training

2503col
21st November 2014, 12:11 PM
Hi

Can you help me? I have a BTEC level 4 in teaching, and would like to deliver SG19 rescue training in my work place. Can some one recommend a training provider? For train the trainer.

Thanks

lmk
21st November 2014, 05:07 PM
I'm not sure if you would really find this useful or not if you're already qualified to level 4.

2503col
21st November 2014, 05:57 PM
But I need to be competent to teach it. If we get a third party in, it becomes very expensive, we have over 80 blokes.

philliosmaximus
21st November 2014, 06:43 PM
Have you had a Google ?

lmk
22nd November 2014, 06:29 PM
You still shouldn't require additional qualifications. It all depends upon exactly what type of training you intend on delivering and if it's all just in house I can't see the need to bother to be perfectly frank.

southernpoofter
22nd November 2014, 10:34 PM
Having a teaching qualification is fine but You obviously need to be trained in additional skills that you may wish to teach - fall rescue is a complete seperate skillset & not something that could be fully covered in a toolbox talk...i'm sure i read somewhere that gotcha supplies a course for their system.but lke most qualifications theres no generic to cover them all but rather product specific courses for instance ive just completed a WAH PPE & HARNESS inspectors course but it was through miller/sperian & is only valid for their products.

2503col
24th November 2014, 01:20 PM
Simian Skill runs a good course but feel cheeky getting them in and copy there course then deliver the course in house. Plus where do I stand on the legal side, I will be competent because I received training but I'm pretty sure it should have its own qualification.

lmk
24th November 2014, 06:07 PM
You can do anything you like if it's in house. You already have a superior qualification with your level 4. Additional qualifications are only required if you are looking to deliver to a set standard set by an awarding body like city and guild for example. If you want to train on a specific product, you may require additional training from the manufacturer.