PDA

View Full Version : CISRS and Grants for Training

BetterTAX
4th August 2010, 02:30 PM
List and locations of all CISRS Training Providers (http://www.cisrs.org.uk/CISRS_Training_Providers.htm)

Hi Guys,

I have been contacting these centres for different business reasons, but the last two I have spoken to are very understanding of the predicament facing non CISRS card holding experienced scaffolders.

There are grants available, possibly to cover much of the fees. From what I gather, the course itself (the "classroom" hours, if you will) cannot be cut down but the time between courses can be fast tracked.

Anyway, it could be worth having a chat with the directors of the courses for more information and help accessing the grants.

These are the two:-

Training 2000, based in Blackburn
and
Arrow Training, based in Doncaster.

HTH

Dave Abe
10th August 2010, 07:23 PM
The time between courses cannot be fast tracked gents 6 months between Part 1 & 2 and 12 months between Part 2 and advance (this going by the date your part 2 card was issued to you)

If you want more info get back to me and I can offer your free training providing you do not already have a NVQ.

You will get your Part 1 & 2 and your NVQ all FREE!!!!

check our website out SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS (http://www.simian-risk.com) or email me at dabraham@simian-risk.com

dico
10th August 2010, 08:01 PM
hello betertax.spoke to stephwilson scaffolding coordinator at blackburn.in may told her
about the ticket issue and they were unable to help with funding unless this has changed
m8.

Dave Abe
10th August 2010, 08:04 PM
Dico what is it you are after, if it is free training then I can sort this mate

dico
10th August 2010, 08:05 PM
sounds good daveabe.you beter get your phones manned m8.

Dave Abe
10th August 2010, 08:11 PM
We have been running this for about a year now mate, done approx over 100 lads all over the country, various of companies; small and big names in the industry

Check our website mate SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS (http://www.simian-risk.com)

dico
10th August 2010, 08:14 PM
hello dave abe.i have your website m8 i shall ring you in the week m8.

BetterTAX
10th August 2010, 09:28 PM
The time between courses cannot be fast tracked gents 6 months between Part 1 & 2 and 12 months between Part 2 and advance (this going by the date your part 2 card was issued to you)

If you want more info get back to me and I can offer your free training providing you do not already have a NVQ.

You will get your Part 1 & 2 and your NVQ all FREE!!!!

check our website out SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS (http://www.simian-risk.com) or email me at dabraham@simian-risk.com

Hi Dave,

Thanks for posting and bringing this to the forefront again... and for your other post about the free training.

I can only tell you what I was told. The guy at Arrow Training said the classroom time had to be as it is but the time between can be fast tracked according to competence and approval (not just from the college - presumably the accrediting body.) When I say fast tracked, we're still talking a few months between, just not so many. Perhaps this is something your training centre could look at and get approval for? Mind you, I think he did mention that if experienced scafs wanted to take advantage of this, they best get a move on before it's all too late.

dico,

i dont know if things have changed since you spoke to Steph. It was Steph that told me about grants (government funding) being available.

As a general note, at the end of the day these centres are running a business and want learners... it's how they get funding. So if they can help, they will.

In any event though,

Don't shoot the messenger, guys! I was just trying to help! :o

numbnuts
10th August 2010, 09:38 PM
i have a mate that works at training 2000,phil harding,top scaffolder.can have a word with him if someone needs help.or info on courses.now i know about these ,maybe get my son on one.:cool:

BetterTAX
11th August 2010, 12:38 PM
Hi Guys,

Just had a long chat with Steph Wilson at Training2000.

Let me first say, the word I should have used is funding and not grants. The important thing is that training may be funded and therefore won't cost you.

Funding varies from CISRS centre to centre. Your best bet is to call your local centre (found here) (http://www.cisrs.org.uk/CISRS_Training_Providers.htm) to see what training and funding is available to you. It does seem that, as Dave Abe also says, if you have an NVQ already, no funding is available.

If your centre can't offer funding,
"several of the centres provide extra funding through “train to gain” and so may be able to offer courses at discounted prices or even free in some instances." (from main CISRS FAQ). So call Train to Gain to see how they can help.

From what Dave is saying, it would seem that Simian Risk offering parts 1, 2 & NVQ2 free is a very good offer... Dave, is area of residence not at issue?

Dave Abe
11th August 2010, 03:08 PM
As stated last night England or Wales

XxIANxX
11th August 2010, 03:17 PM
Is this through train to gain Dave and if so how many places are left on this years quota

Dave Abe
11th August 2010, 03:23 PM
Why how many have you got Ian ha ha

seriously we do not have a restriction so long as the funding is available

XxIANxX
11th August 2010, 03:30 PM
Why how many have you got Ian ha ha

seriously we do not have a restriction so long as the funding is available

It would be wrong of me not to ask Dave :D

finney
17th August 2010, 04:18 PM
i'v been scaffolding for 4 yrs and had my part 1 for 3. i'm looking to get funding for my part 2 but am out of work at the moment. does anyone know if its still available.

BetterTAX
17th August 2010, 05:10 PM
Hi Finney,

As said further up the thread, your best bet is to contact your local centre and discuss funding and your circumstances with them.

The centres I have had correspondence with are very approachable and want to help. Ask for the course manager or co-ordinator.

rostar
14th January 2011, 04:03 PM
hello m8 how do i get me part 1 free ?

BetterTAX
14th January 2011, 04:56 PM
Hello Rostar,

As we have Simian (Dave Abe) on the forums, your best bet would be to ask them. They look at the forum fairly regularly, so hopefully they'll see this post of yours anyway.

rostar
14th January 2011, 05:04 PM
Nice 1 feller

simian
15th January 2011, 01:12 PM
Nice 1 feller

rostar, pm me your email address or read and respond to the recent Simian thread i have put on today.

IF

rostar
15th January 2011, 05:37 PM
smithro17@yahoo.com have got eney informati on getting a pasma card cheers mate

andy morgan
27th January 2011, 05:27 PM
hello m8 how do i get me part 1 free ?

contacy utn at wakefield if u are unemployed you can get government funding to pay for , i am doing my advanced ticket there at the moment.hope yhis helps

Piranha Farmer
4th October 2011, 07:03 AM
hullo Dave Abe, I was recently laid off and have a baby on the way, I want to get my tickets; to limit this happening again or at least limit the time between contracts if work for a particular company does dry up. This thread is over a year old but heres hoping, cheers

simian
4th October 2011, 07:25 AM
hullo Dave Abe, I was recently laid off and have a baby on the way, I want to get my tickets; to limit this happening again or at least limit the time between contracts if work for a particular company does dry up. This thread is over a year old but heres hoping, cheers

Ring him on 08456022418

gixerdave
4th October 2011, 09:21 PM
hi really struggling to get in the trade i keep getting told its difficult
to get me on site with out a cisrs card. im from the reading area and
am ringing round local firms hoping to get in as a labourer ! have u any
ideas how i can get the nvq's with out spending £850

scaffoldingsafetyservices
5th October 2011, 06:43 AM
hi really struggling to get in the trade i keep getting told its difficult
to get me on site with out a cisrs card. im from the reading area and
am ringing round local firms hoping to get in as a labourer ! have u any
ideas how i can get the nvq's with out spending £850

you can still have funding for your nvq's as long as you already have not had any funding for any other nvq's. pm me and ill point you in the right direction.

TAC
7th October 2011, 09:28 AM
Give UTN Training from Wakefield a call 01924 377379
Scaffold Training Courses (http://www.utntraining.co.uk/courses/Scaffold_Training_Courses)

colinkelly(L)scaff
16th October 2011, 09:26 PM
how long do i have to be on site after doin my part one to be eligible to go up for a part two ???

simian
16th October 2011, 09:38 PM
how long do i have to be on site after doin my part one to be eligible to go up for a part two ???

6 months mate, if you need any help 08456022418

RStatham
27th October 2011, 10:27 AM
Hi, unfortunately Arrow Training have ceased trading however if people are looking for free training in the area (Nottingham), we can offer funded and apprenticeship training. Please conatct Sarah Cockell on 07810 551491 for more details.

We also have the last few remaining palces left on the day release CISRS 5 day Supervisors Course starting next week. We have reduced the standard fee by £200 for anyone thats interested in a last minute bargain!!! This runs fro one day a week for five weeks. (Wednesdays) Please contact Sarah on the number above for details.

Safety & Access - Training and Health & safety consultancy providers. (http://www.safetyaccess.co.uk)

http://www.safetyaccess.co.uk

XxIANxX
27th October 2011, 07:03 PM
Hi, unfortunately Arrow Training have ceased trading however if people are looking for free training in the area (Nottingham), we can offer funded and apprenticeship training. Please conatct Sarah Cockell on 07810 551491 for more details.

We also have the last few remaining palces left on the day release CISRS 5 day Supervisors Course starting next week. We have reduced the standard fee by £200 for anyone thats interested in a last minute bargain!!! This runs fro one day a week for five weeks. (Wednesdays) Please contact Sarah on the number above for details.

Safety & Access - Training and Health & safety consultancy providers. (http://www.safetyaccess.co.uk)

http://www.safetyaccess.co.uk

So its alright for you to post on here yet when I worked for safety & access it was a big no no. Well we already have a training centre who sponsor the site and contribute to the forum and who don't just post to get people into their centre .

SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS (http://www.simian-risk.com/)

RStatham
28th October 2011, 01:58 PM
Just trying to let the good people of this forum know that there is free and subsidised training available! Isnt that what this site is supposed to be about?.....supporting our industry?

XxIANxX
28th October 2011, 03:05 PM
We have sponsors on here that offer that Rick, they also contribute a lot of useful information to the site. If you read the forum rules about advertising so not to upset any sponsors you shouldn't go far wrong.
I thought that S&A were against posting on here anyway.

scaffoldingsafetyservices
29th October 2011, 09:05 AM
now now girls.... time u 2 stuck your tongues down each others throat and made up....

seeing as you had done nothing wrong Ian...

As for Arrow training. Barry Julian was a broken man the day he spoke to me. But when your not getting paid from the apprenticeships scheme till the candidate actually has recieved 9 weeks of training and passed from the training provider over a 2 year period. which the centres have to stand to. I would imagine simian will shed more light on this. The question is : How on earth is a training centre supposed to run for a minimum of 2 years before being paid. So yes the candidate has to pass.
As Barry said " He saw the light and realised it was impossible to do. So NOT owing anybody a penny he closed the doors and can hold his head up high."

I personally wish him all the best for the future. very nice bloke.

Steve.

kishma
31st October 2011, 07:07 PM
hi my boyfriend is interested in doing a scaffolding part one course but cannot come up with all the money he can pay the course in three monthly payments is there any way that he can do this course he currently live in london please let me know

aom
31st October 2011, 09:06 PM
Hi Kishma, welcome to the forum. I would tell him to keep his cash in his pocket and get a job with a scaffold firm who would pay for him to do all his tickets. The main problem with paying for your own tickets is he still wouldn't be worth employing with just his part 1 and no experience. Good luck to you both.

dico
31st October 2011, 09:07 PM
hi my boyfriend is interested in doing a scaffolding part one course but cannot come up with all the money he can pay the course in three monthly payments is there any way that he can do this course he currently live in london please let me know

best of luck kishma hope he gets sorted dont no wether hes come through the ranks as a scaffolders labour or mate or just feels like being a scaffolder seems to me kishma if you can get the funding or the cash to paye for the course then he will become a scaffolder within 18 months even thou he hasent the exsperience but hee hoo best of luck

simian
31st October 2011, 10:18 PM
now now girls.... time u 2 stuck your tongues down each others throat and made up....

seeing as you had done nothing wrong Ian...

As for Arrow training. Barry Julian was a broken man the day he spoke to me. But when your not getting paid from the apprenticeships scheme till the candidate actually has recieved 9 weeks of training and passed from the training provider over a 2 year period. which the centres have to stand to. I would imagine simian will shed more light on this. The question is : How on earth is a training centre supposed to run for a minimum of 2 years before being paid. So yes the candidate has to pass.
As Barry said " He saw the light and realised it was impossible to do. So NOT owing anybody a penny he closed the doors and can hold his head up high."

I personally wish him all the best for the future. very nice bloke.

Steve.

Apprentice payments from construction skills are only paid at certain times in the year, we were near to closing in august 2009 waiting to get paid and we managed to struggle through and rom then on we have not looked back. it was like sweeping 10 pound notes into a big hole for 18 months.

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:17 PM ----------

yes this can be done and we have a centre in london, no course though until full payment is received. Ring 08456022418

BetterTAX
1st November 2011, 08:33 AM
I spoke to Barry Julian and he was a really nice, helpful man. That does sound quite an awful set up, but again, thats government for you. Having said that - any new buisness set up is going to be very tough for the first 1 - 2 years.

It has to be said though, that the teaching and learning environment (where government is involved - and I mean this from teeny kids to adults) is struggling - not just in terms of results, but funding and management too.

Glad to hear you weathered that initial storm, Simian.

guymac
10th December 2011, 07:47 AM
need to get a supervisors ticket based in bristol what sort of money will it cost ?

gary27
10th December 2011, 09:03 AM
can you get advanced tickets

danprosser
26th January 2012, 08:01 PM
i have an NVQ2 and my portfolio is all done i am after a grant to help with the funding for my part one or could i go straight in for my part 2. I have been scaffolding for over ten years and moved from different companies

Zotsey
27th January 2012, 05:57 PM
You can't get funding if you've already got the qualification is what I was told mate (nvq)

Weaverbix
27th January 2012, 07:39 PM
Hi all, can you still get fast tracked or just get grandfather rights from part 2 to Adv. I have been a part 2 for over 10 yrs now but have been told this has stopped?

mdolinschi
20th January 2013, 09:33 AM
We have been running this for about a year now mate, done approx over 100 lads all over the country, various of companies; small and big names in the industry

Check our website mate SCAFFOLDING CONSULTANTS | SCAFFOLD DESIGN | SCAFFOLDING TRAINING | SCAFFOLDING EXPERTS (http://www.simian-risk.com)
Hi Dave! i saw your post and and wanted to ask if you can PLEASE help me a bit! i want to book my part 1 asap and i heard something about a possibility in getting funding for it? Thank you!

Bri
20th January 2013, 01:38 PM
Hi Dave! i saw your post and and wanted to ask if you can PLEASE help me a bit! i want to book my part 1 asap and i heard something about a possibility in getting funding for it? Thank you!

Your better off ringing them mate.

stecfc1888
22nd February 2013, 12:58 AM
hi jst new to this. i have my cisrs trainee card and i am lookin or sum help FUNDING OR GRANTS availible in glasgow iam bang my head against a brick wall here ...thanks

str3tchy
22nd February 2013, 02:07 AM
hi jst new to this. i have my cisrs trainee card and i am lookin or sum help FUNDING OR GRANTS availible in glasgow iam bang my head against a brick wall here ...thanks

You working just now mate? Where in glasgow you stay?

ronnielaverty
22nd February 2013, 09:25 AM
I have been trying for a while to get funding for my part 2. The job centre have finally says they are gonna try sort it for me. You both working just now?

Dai1
26th February 2013, 03:33 PM
im intrested in the funding you was talking about CISRS cards how would i go about aplying.

Bri
26th February 2013, 06:00 PM
Dave abe hasn't been on here for gas now your better off ringing Simian if you want to speak to Dave abe

Dai1
27th February 2013, 01:23 PM
could you please give me some contact details