32 years old scaff wanting to get to Australia for a bit ! any help appreciated (1 Viewer)

clarkyboy

Reaction score
hello forum, im 32 part 2 been scaffolding for about 7 years on and off worked away but want a chance at oz even just for a few months!
any help thanks in advance. cheers

i thought a working visa was for only 30 and below, if thats the case then u may struggle as the term scaffolder is not really recognised ie if you were a doctor/lawyer they would welcome you with open arms for the obvious reason, might be better looking at new zealand same accent,same weather and convieniently the birds are fit as u like lol, star scaffolding were looking on here might be worth a shout in christchurch

last thing i want to do is put a downer on ur aussie dream if it is oz ur set on but just being realistic but please let us know how you get on mate im only really going on from what ive heard and read on here good luck clarky

Try the seach button on here as theres been loads of threads on here recently. Or give NZ a try theyre crying out for scaffs.
My friends son who is a brickie went over to brisbane for a holiday & used it to get a job sussed,after a few weeks returned home to sort out visas etc then used the contacts he'd made to return-not a bad way of doing it rather then going in blind.
there are plenty of forum members on here who are currently in Auss & others who av returned so you should get some decent feedback soon-or contact them directly via pm...ope this helps

thanks alot boys im on the case and ill get back on and let yous know I get on
cheets again

Don't think you will have much luck with Oz but you could give New Zealand a try as they are screaming out for experienced scaffolders in both the North and South Islands.

There are lots of companies who are desperate to recruit overseas workers but only a couple willing to help with your costs so stand your ground and be prepared to negotiate. It may be worth contacting United Scaffolding who are based in Dunedin but have offices all over N.Z, and have lots of work in Christchurch where incidentally the best money is to be earnt. Decent lads with an Advanced ticket are earning 35$-40$ per/hr +additional payements for wet weather working. United are also assisting with Flights, Visas and accommodation so I have been informed.

Speaking from experience I would steer clear of Auckland if you are planning on bringing a family out simply beacause the cost of living, i.e rent is extortionate, clothes, food are experience in relation to what you earn, a good comparison would be like living in London. Advanced guys are on 25$-28$ per/hr although it's a liveable wage for a single fella it would be a definite struggle for a man with a family to support.

Last edited:
Top Bottom