PDA

View Full Version : Work in dubai

Watson2013
13th May 2014, 08:46 PM
Hi guys iv just passed my level one but now looking to move to dubai prob within the year I'll have part two by them been scaffolding a good 3 years does any1 no what sort money you can earn and any links will be good thanks

Watson2013
13th May 2014, 09:01 PM
What do you mean 10/10 for ambition I'm looking to see what sort money they pay??

Garry Adams
13th May 2014, 09:49 PM
I would recommend that you up-grade your Scaffolding Credentials to a Supervisory ( min ) if you want to secure a Post in the UAE...

It is very unlikely that you would get a job as a spanner hand, guest worker Scaffs are the norm...

Gain experience on refurbs /work overs, semi-subs and jack-ups, get your Supervisors Ticket then go for it...

Havespannerwilltravel
13th May 2014, 11:51 PM
Hi guys iv just passed my level one but now looking to move to dubai prob within the year I'll have part two by them been scaffolding a good 3 years does any1 no what sort money you can earn and any links will be good thanks

With your experience you will probably be able to negotiate your own terms and package. Companies in The Gulf are always looking for good people. Send your CV off to al the major players. A simple search on google will give you contacts. Good luck.

Stella Fella
14th May 2014, 06:00 AM
belated welcome to scaffs forum fella

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy
14th May 2014, 06:02 AM

Hello mate, you need to speak to Happyhugenoet on here if you want a start in Dubai. Send him a PM as I heard he was taking on part 1s last week for the new Ras al Khaimah job. Good luck.

Stella Fella
14th May 2014, 06:13 AM
Watson one link for work info in middle east through Sherlocks Bar -Bahrain (elementary)

Its not a p*ss take a lot of Scaff managers /Supervisors frequent this Oasis.

Colin the Bar Manager is a rabid Man Utd supporter.(No relevance to job situation)

Havespannerwilltravel
14th May 2014, 08:14 AM
Hello mate, you need to speak to Happyhugenoet on here if you want a start in Dubai. Send him a PM as I heard he was taking on part 1s last week for the new Ras al Khaimah job. Good luck.

Ahh Ras al Khaimah. That brings back memories. I had my honeymoon at the Cove Rotana there.
Happy told me that job there is fully manned up.
Are you still looking for guys for that new resort on Bora Bora VLLB?

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy
14th May 2014, 09:22 AM
That is fully manned up now Fred.

Havespannerwilltravel
14th May 2014, 09:34 AM
That is fully manned up now Fred.

Thought it probably would be Chris. Still if anyone jacks send me a PM.

sambhoy
16th May 2014, 09:19 AM
Lol stop deluding yourself son no one is going to touch you with a bargepole get some experiance and hold your ticket for a while try the shetlands first i hear they are taking anybody

happyhugenoet
16th May 2014, 07:52 PM
Mr Spanner i could make space for you but it wont be the same kind of money you are used to or role.I am looking for a chargehand could stretch to making you a foreman in a month or so.If this suits give me a phone or e-mail;)
I may not be hanging about too long as a very good friend has got something big coming off in OZ I am heading to London to sort out a visa just so im ready
i goes against the grain paying for my own work visas but some times you have to be proactive

Havespannerwilltravel
17th May 2014, 07:35 AM
I may well bump into him!

Double-Standards
17th May 2014, 07:48 AM
Im currently labouring for a squad knocking up 2 rings a day on a housing site, I do my CISRS labourers card next week been in the game 2 month but looking for a supervisors job in the Bahamas, Algeria or OZ. The lads have told me all supervisors are ******* and anyone can do the job. If anyone hears of any opportunities pm me.