CISRS Supervisors Course

phil181

Reaction score
I sat the CISRS supervisors course at Safety & Access in Nottingham a couple of years ago. I haven't really spoken to many people about the course since - apart from some of my own colleagues who have also sat the course.

The general concensus was that it was basically a watered down version of the SMSTS & a basic scaffold inspection course.

I was wondering if any of you lads (or ladettes, even!) had done the course and had any comments about it's content?

I sat the CISRS supervisors course at Safety & Access in Nottingham a couple of years ago. I haven't really spoken to many people about the course since - apart from some of my own colleagues who have also sat the course.

The general concensus was that it was basically a watered down version of the SMSTS & a basic scaffold inspection course.

I was wondering if any of you lads (or ladettes, even!) had done the course and had any comments about it's content?
I did it at Christmas Phil at safety and access. It was ok gets you another qualification, the tutor was more interested in talking about himself from what I could see, but I met some decent lads there.
It seemed like another way to get some more cash out of the scaffolding fraternity.

hi guys, I did the course at Bircham Newton almost 3 years ago and the course was basically about organising a job from the measuring up of the job , pricing it and providing a quotation, planning it, risk assessing and method statement preparation. Everything except build it. Frightening thing about it was that there were two guys on the course who I think were Egyptian and one of them could hardly speak any English and knew very little about the scaffolding game, they contributed very little to the whole exercise yet were walking away with the same qualification as all the other guys on the course. On the other hand I met some really good guys and swapped some good information and tips. Surely there must be a minimum criteria to get on to a supervisors course or is it just another money spinner for the construction college.

whats the costings , nice to see was scaffold specific tho

we have one guy who went on the course never scaffolded in is life and now thinks he is more is more qualified than an a-card with a 2day ssmts course how the chuff does this work

ha how funny is that , we put a scaffolder through an iosh working safely course and have the same problem

Did you rate it Phill ????

Not really mate.

Was nice to have a week in a hotel eating/getting drunk on company expenses though.

Apart from that, pretty pointless if you've done an advanced scaffolding course.

i think all hse,should be ex scaffs,with minimum 10 years on the job,would solve a lot of bother.

SMSTS is 5 days unless its a refresher n supervisors course is £500 n odd but time off work as well,2 many free grant 4 free courses latley with kids takin supervisors course not knowin what they r doing n think they can run a job now,load ov cock

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

sorry missed the s out,thought u were onabout smsts for managers not the sssts for supervisors

SMSTS is 5 days unless its a refresher n supervisors course is £500 n odd but time off work as well,2 many free grant 4 free courses latley with kids takin supervisors course not knowin what they r doing n think they can run a job now,load ov cock

---------- Post added at 04:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 AM ----------

sorry missed the s out,thought u were onabout smsts for managers not the sssts for supervisors

We're not talking about either mate. We're talking about the CISRS supervisors course.

Yes Phil,sorry i went around the houses and got a bit wrong,but the last bit was on about the CISRS supervisors course.Had some lads want a pay rise cos they now have it but arn't runing owt. An easy way for a part2 to get a gold card

Think what steve,that i wo talkin pants,it wo 4.30 in mornin n a miss read it

well i know your nocturnal.lol.. just thought i'd give ya plug bud..

I have a problem i hope you all can help with.
I have been abroad for a long time.
Just back need to do this course & that course.
Been in the game for more than 30 years.
CISRS are willing to give me a Trainee card.
But that is life i suppose.
Anyway i dont want to (at 50) go through all the courses again.
To be told in 5 years there is a new scheme.
My question is:
Do i go for an Inspectors card or a Supervisors card?

I have a problem i hope you all can help with.
I have been abroad for a long time.
Just back need to do this course & that course.
Been in the game for more than 30 years.
CISRS are willing to give me a Trainee card.
But that is life i suppose.
Anyway i dont want to (at 50) go through all the courses again.
To be told in 5 years there is a new scheme.
My question is:
Do i go for an Inspectors card or a Supervisors card?

That depends on what you want to do!

If honest, neither cards are much use unless backed up with a vocational qualification.

Top Bottom