Dubai (1 Viewer)

purns74

Reaction score
Thinking of working in Dubai any tips or previous experience from anyone?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh invest in some decent factor 80sunscrean. & get a 2nd passport so when you wanna get out quick &ur employers are holding the original u still got a chance bŕ getting banged up for some crazy emerati law

I was looking at nebosh jobs out there and the mega £££ days are long gone so good luck with the scaffolding mate

Thinking of working as in what profession ?

If its Scaffolding on the tools be prepared for disappointments.

Last edited:
I can't imagine working outdoors in Dubai in summer. I had a 3 day stop off there, went for a walk (20 mins) at around 11am, nearly passed out, had to make a hasty retreat to the hotel and it was still hot in the pool in the shade!

Warmest sea water I've ever been in.

I thought all the construction had come to a grinding halt?

I guess its an interesting place to visit for the construction. I didn't find it ugly but almost stunning - this city shimmering in the desert.

However, I wouldn't want to go back. Its hot, expensive, alcohol free (unless you know who to know) and grid locked a lot of the time!

I guess its an interesting place to visit for the construction. I didn't find it ugly but almost stunning - this city shimmering in the desert.

However, I wouldn't want to go back. Its hot, expensive, alcohol free (unless you know who to know) and grid locked a lot of the time!

Alcohol free??? Every hotel has bars and more prostitutes than you can shake a stick at!

@ pruns74

Unless you are at least at Project Management Level, then there is little hope, however, God loves a trier, good luck...

Yip, plenty of drink and drugs and rock and roll in Dubai, it Saudi that is as dry as an Arabs sandal :eek:...

Nothing in Dubai for European Scaffolders, all Asian here.
If you have Supervisor upwards experience you have half a chance but most look for Gulf experience.

Not all hotels but many have drink along with sporting venues but getting a drink is not a problem, as spanner intimates there are other leisure pursuits available without too much searching.
regards
Alan

Hi Alan, Off the top of my head I can't think of any dry Dubai hotels. If a western man sitting having a beer alone doesn't get tapped up by a brass at least 3 times a night there must be something wrong! Top end hotels as well as your Panorama, Astoria etc. Not cheap the brasses so I have been told!

Last edited:
Hi Alan, Off the top of my head I can't think of any dry Dubai hotels. If a western man sitting having a beer alone doesn't get tapped up by a brass at least 3 times a night there must be something wrong! Top end hotels as well as your Panorama, Astoria etc. Not cheap the brasses so I have been told!

There are a few that don't sell drink Fred you just need to walk past the others to get to them :)

Originally Posted by purns74

Below is info on previous experience /Tips

Two Filipino expat workers who were arrested on Christmas Day for drinking wine without an alcohol licence and disturbing the peace have had their three month jail sentences quashed by a UAE appeals court, it was reported.

The petrol pump attendants were arrested early on December 25 by police following a complaint from a Syrian neighbour and admitted they had started their festive celebrations at 3am with bottles of wine.

An Al Ain court had originally sentenced them to three months in jail, followed by deportation, for drinking alcohol without a licence and disturbing the peace, but the Al Ain Appeals Court this week overturned the convictions, Dubai’s 7DAYS newspaper reported.

“We are very, very happy... They have been freed and we didn’t expect a good result. Now they can get on with their lives,” a family member of one of the defendants was quoted as saying..

Brits' Guide for a Troublefree UAE Christmas

On the 1st day of Christmas the British Embassy said to me; “You can be arrested for being under the influence of alcohol.”
On the 2nd day of Christmas the consular team said to me; “ If you do not have a liquor license, apply for one today! ”
On the 3rd day of Christmas the consular team said to me; “Do not drink and drive.”
On the 4th day of Christmas the lawyer said to me; “The legal age for drinking alcohol is 21!
On the 5th day of Christmas my friend said to me; “If I have overdone it, please send me home.”
On the 6th day of Christmas my neighbour said to me; “Please keep the noise down.”
On the 7th day of Christmas my teenager said to me; “I must make sure that my parents know exactly where I am.”
On the 8th day of Christmas my boss said to me; “Enjoy the Christmas office parties but do not do anything that you will regret in the morning.”
On the 9th day of Christmas my taxi driver said to me; “ I will drive you home, but please be respectful or I’ll drop you at the Police instead.”
On the 10th day of Christmas the Police said to me; “Keep social media clean otherwise it can get you into trouble.”
On the 11th day of Christmas the local hospital said to me; “Make sure it’s a Merry Christmas, take care out there.”
On the 12th day of Christmas the British Ambassador said to me; “Seasons Greetings! Know your limits!”

Top Bottom