Inpex Awards Scaffold Packages A & B in Darwin (1 Viewer)

Flannel

Reaction score
Ichtys first 2 main scaff packages awarded

MAS (part of the AGC Group) & Kaefer have got the jump again.

Get your expressions of interest in at $170k aussie a year for 4 on 1 off its a good bit less than Gorgon but still not too shabby!

80% tube & 20% peril at least 3 yrs work half in the rain!

Good luck to all involved.

It's a good bit less than Gorgon. I know guys on there on over $300k for 26 on 9 off.

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

Darwin just had a massive amount of rainfall the past wet season. Wet steel no deal! Decent enough camp they have built there though and it's a pretty good city to have a beer in.

Will the rates in Australia start to come down from now on?

$300 k for a scaffolder is fantastic but you would not invest in a country that pays its construction workers more that its Prime Minister :wondering:

The Aussie PM gets paid over $500,000. I knew some mechanical supervisors who were on over $400,000 plus free housing etc several years ago.
Obviously the low level of the $ to the GBP wont make OZ an attractive destination for those in the UK hoping to go for a year and make a few quid.
However it is attractive for those selling UK property and emigrating permanently.

Hey up lads.just some advice really.reading what u put on here.interested in it.whats the max age your aloud in oz.im 42..is that too old???.

Pretty sure it's 45 mate if you want to emigrate permanently. Obviously you need to have a skill or your missus does to even be considered. Relatives there helps as well.
I did read that Scaffoldworld Industrial who have a Facebook page are collecting CV's as they are expecting to send large numbers of scaffolders to work on some of Australia's massive resources projects in the next few months.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

You have to be under 50 for the general migration programme.

Still great money, 80% t&f apparently

Ideal for the uk boys.

If you think it rains in the uk you have a run to come, Darwin is ferociuos, rain wise in the wet.

A bit depressing, but the money and the female bacpackers will keep the lads in good fettle!

I wouldn't get too excited, UK scaffs on 417's and the lucky few who have got themselves on 457 visa's can't even get on the big jobs such as Curtis island/barrow island, I really don't see how this will be any different? All scaffs for these jobs are to be employed internally before looking elsewhere. Unfortunately you can go to Melbourne and get your basic-advanced tickets in 9 days so there isn't a shortage of Aussie/kiwi scaffs here. In my experience the days of the UK scaff coming over to make a quick buck are over.

Certainly plenty of people with tickets in Australia and many more doing the courses every week.
There is a shortage of skilled tradesmen such as welders in the mechanical sector. EPCM contractors will exhaust supplies in Australia before looking elsewhere though.
There may be an opportunity for young Brits on working holidays to pick up some work in the big cities to help fund their travels and see a bit of the country.

Darwin looking good boys! Get onto Kaefer in Perth there sending out registration of interests for the project,the first wave mobilising should be going up soon.
Sent all qualifications and visa crap to them along with signed code of conduct for site etc and received a call from hr for telephone interview. The interview was asking questions like how much can a beam clamp hold,what's the min and max height for handrail etc pretty simple if you know,nearly had to jump on Google for a second thou ha.
80% tube so should be good and camp looks pretty impressive.
I'm working offshore in Nz @ 115k Nz salary so it's a no brainer to cross the ditch.

Hows it going bud my mate has just pased his medical for kaefer and he has his enduccion on monday and is wondering what the competency test is like. And also I have all my Australian tickets but on the working holiday visa could I get on inpex with that

Top Bottom