The Botlek Rotterdam (1 Viewer)

fredscaff

Reaction score
Anyone on here who used to work on the Botlek in Rotterdam in the 90s?
There were a few hundred scaffolders there in those days from all over the UK.
They used to say "Your not a real scaff until you have done a hanger in the Verolme Drydocks in Rotterdam"

No one on here who worked on the Botlek???
Suppose its because there was a lot more to do in Holland than learn how to use a computer lol

hi fred, i worked there around about 1998 - 2002, on and of... was offshore to with vd panne!

hi fred, i worked there around about 1998 - 2002, on and of... was offshore to with vd panne!

hi d1ssc did you ever get over to hoogvliet the brown cafe with john echlin, cooper, matty hague????

...The Botlek.....Rotterdam

hiya Fred,yea i was on the Botlek early ninetys,maybee you remember me....Jon Kawasaki...used to knockabout with Billy Wizz,and others too numerous to mention.So far as i can remember you was a scaff from Brighton,an ad a mate called Danny(??)..Crazy days....

just came back from rotterdam,we had to bring in a couple of local boys but they had to be good with tube and fitting.we ended up with one geordie and another from kent both cracking guys while having a natter the name billy whizz came up so hes still over there lads.YET ANOTHER WHO WENT AND NEVER RETURNED:amazed:

yes some cracking blokes over there, but a lot with no qualifications or tickets so i guess thats why so many great scaffolders never came back to UK

YEH IT WONT BE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE NICE CAFES,AND THOSE WINDOW THINGYS THEY HAVE OVER THERE:blink1:

was matt hague not over there with roger barber(rip) and lee wild,3 good scaffs from sheffield?not forgetting john masterblaster reaney !...think badger and horse from grimsby were out there to,prob about 95 onwards??

was matt hague not over there with roger barber(rip) and lee wild,3 good scaffs from sheffield?not forgetting john masterblaster reaney !...think badger and horse from grimsby were out there to,prob about 95 onwards??

yes Roger died in a fall about 6 or 7 years ago
not heard from matt hague since then
heard the name badger but thought he was from newcastle
titch and his brother from cumbria were there maybe 97

only got to hear about roger passing away,the other week,matt and roger whent out there after we completed a drop scaff of the big dock crane at barrow in furness!! had roger come down over 100ft fall? cant say ive heard of titch or his brother,were in cumbria are they from fredscaff?

I can remember Roger telling some stories about the dock crane job.
Something about hitting seagulls with doubles??
We worked together for a few years,had some good times, had our arguments too but all in all proper scaffolders and travelling men.
Think Titch was from Sellafield way?

the doubles and the seagulls were true!! matt was the man for pin point hits,every neyt was party neyt,beer and more beer,5 wks of pure enjoyment with roger and matt,reaney and wayne johnstone from doncaster fredscaff!!

the doubles and the seagulls were true!! matt was the man for pin point hits,every neyt was party neyt,beer and more beer,5 wks of pure enjoyment with roger and matt,reaney and wayne johnstone from doncaster fredscaff!!

Well rest assured we had a few great years in Holland and Germany, party,party,beer,and everything else we could lay our hands on.......oh and we did some top jobs as well mcduff...........best days always remembered

days that will never be repeated fredscaff,..is there still work to be had over in rotterdam in the dry docks??

I am afraid so mcduff but will never be forgotten
i am not sure as havent been in rotterdam for years now but i would be pretty sure there will still be work for us mad ones in the dry dock.
i did see a thread on here about work in holland and some one said to google envirowrap as thats what the agent we worked for years ago calls himself now
you thinking of a trip over?

yeah deffo,should of gone over with roger and matt,but stopped put doing the line crossings for amps!! wont be till next spring,get this winter offer with!!you looking at going back over fredscaff??

I have been out in Middle East for a few years now Mcduff.But it would be interesting to go back to the old places. Better not go in the winter worse than UK haha
Let me know how you get on??

Top Bottom