Blue level (1 Viewer)

RedViking

Reaction score
Just got this today cos start a job over water this week and don't fancy dropping my big ben (leach,s) level in so opted for this from Clas Ohlson ,got mine from their store in manchester ,was surprised by the build quality and adjustable vial is good all for £9.99 .
Also has ''V'' Grove and magnets.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 42
Just got this today cos start a job over water this week and don't fancy dropping my big ben (leach,s) level in so opted for this from Clas Ohlson ,got mine from their store in manchester ,was surprised by the build quality and adjustable vial is good all for £9.99 .

Very snazzy Mr C.

I'm suprised you don't just use a lanyard...

looks like an old rabone mate

Do you mean this style of old rabone (not the wooden ones !!) .
This was at one time white got it of a brickie mine got nicked/ lost on manchester airport :-(, as i remember stanley took them over and produced one that was yellow Top level been after a better condition one for ages .

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 48
This was at one time white got it of a brickie mine got nicked/ lost on manchester airport :-(, as i remember stanley took them over and produced one that was yellow Top level been after a better condition one for ages .

Honestly mate, where do you get these pics from?

had one like that in white , and one like your pics too in white both rabone chesterman products early 90s

I had a white one back in the 90s but it was non magnetic not that thats a problem as i have recently stopped using a non magnetic level and its hard to break the habbit of always having the level in my left hand when bubbling and not letting go .
Wonder if there is many scaffs out there still using non magnetic level ? what do you use RedViking magnetic or non magnetic ?

Magnets are not the best but the rest is good for a tenna ....

that is a pipe fitters level, hence why there is a ''V'' Grove on the magnet side.

that is a pipe fitters level, hence why there is a ''V'' Grove on the magnet side.

What's the differance between a scaffolders leve and a pipe fitters ?? The picture of my old rabone has a grove and the box it came in says "scaffolders level" ..

What's the differance between a scaffolders leve and a pipe fitters ?? The picture of my old rabone has a grove and the box it came in says "scaffolders level" ..

Says OXO on the side of Buses, but theres none inside,lol:D no offence redviking mate, in one of my devious moods mate ie Full of Amber Nectar.
P.S dont tell the Forum mate, ssshhhhhhhhhh

Regards
Paddy

Yes you can use it as a scaffolders level, but it is designed for pipefitters, hence the half moon groove where the magnets are so it sits on a small pipe perfect, i only no this as when i was working on a powerstation, all the pipefitters on there had these sort, still does the same job and only cost £10, better then droping your £50 level in the water mate

A fella i use to work with based out with a milk bottle as a tape.Staffed the width of the boards out no probs, But struggled staffing the lift out for erecting the lift ;)

I had a white one back in the 90s but it was non magnetic not that thats a problem as i have recently stopped using a non magnetic level and its hard to break the habbit of always having the level in my left hand when bubbling and not letting go .
Wonder if there is many scaffs out there still using non magnetic level ? what do you use RedViking magnetic or non magnetic ?

How many scaffs when they first went from non magnetic levels to magnetic levels, had come down off the finished job 10 or 12 lifts and realised there bubble was still attached to the last tube they had plumbed in.:D You soon remembered to put it back in your holster then:eek:

How many scaffs when they first went from non magnetic levels to magnetic levels, had come down off the finished job 10 or 12 lifts and realised there bubble was still attached to the last tube they had plumbed in.:D You soon remembered to put it back in your holster then:eek:
still doing it now lol:D:D

Top Bottom