hello peeps (1 Viewer)

Orac

Reaction score
i'm steve live in burnley, been in industry for 22 years, advanced still on tools, currently doing my nebosh construction certificate hoping to get off spanners & get into a shirt & tie:)

Hi Steve

Welcome to the Forum!!

Good luck with your NEBOSH, it will be nice to have another person in the Safety Proffesion that has actually had some "Tool Time" and able to make decisions on theory AND practise rather than a muppet who has just got it all out of a book and a 2 day f*cking Scaffold Apprieciation Course!! (Sorry for the rant, just one of my pet hates!!)

Cheers

Paul

thanks for welcome, got to get off the spanners, been on about doing nebosh for 2 years, the bones are getting older, aches & pains, bad hip, bad knee, bad wrist, time to exercise the grey matter, pw are you a safety manager or in a position of safety?

Steve

My title is Contracts Manager but I am responsible for Health, Safety & Welfare for the Company I work for, I can assure you it takes a fair portion of my time up, I dont mind as its part and parcel of what we do and I consider us to be above average for the size of company we are.

We are always striving to be better and I was toying with the idea of undertaking a NEBOSH Course but in the end we employed a Safety Consultant basically just for their qualifications and so we can tick a box on our Pre Qual documents...but it is a pain when you have to tell them the Rules, Regs & ACOPs regarding our business as they deal with the general and not the specific.

Last edited:
Paul

Do yourself a favour and go for the NEBOSH Qualifications, it will certainly enhance your Career Path. I am sure that your fellow Forum Members would advise and support you during your studies. Go for it, as many true and faithful Scaffs have done before.

Perhaps we could start a support group if there was enough interest ?

Any Body got any thoughts ?

Garry...

Hi Steve and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Regards

SF Admin

Last edited:
hi steve hows the studing going, is the coarse as hard as people say it is. ive been scaffolding for 32 years now and am considering doing the coarse but have just been layed off

the course is demanding, i have only just started it, i paid for myself to go on it so i will try my best to pass it, i paid £949.00 all in doing it at manchester college, i feel like its a way out to hang up the spanners, give it a go you never know, i will probably go into scaffold inspections, you know check the checker on a freelance basis;)

Paul

Do yourself a favour and go for the NEBOSH Qualifications

Thanks for the encouragment Garry, I simply dont have the time, that is why I went down the H&S Consultant route. There is only the owner and myself that run the business and it is full on for both of us in the present climate trying to drum up enough work to keep our lads spanners twirling.

Should we get to the position were we have a decent work in hand figure then I will definelty re-consider the situation.

Orac

Good Luck my friend, I'm sure you will get plenty of encouragment from the Forum

Last edited:
Top Bottom