free training available (1 Viewer)

outward bound

Reaction score
Hi I know where there is free training available for scaffolder`s if anyone is interested - ? part 1 ,2 or advance - the only catch is that you must not have achieved your n.v.q - again if you have your part 1,2,advance you can qualify for you n.v.q for free ,

Anyone interested ?

P.M me:bigsmile:

Hi I know where there is free training available for scaffolder`s if anyone is interested - ? part 1 ,2 or advance - the only catch is that you must not have achieved your n.v.q - again if you have your part 1,2,advance you can qualify for you n.v.q for free ,

Anyone interested ?

Run that by me again outward bound, cause if u have the advanced tkt why would you want to be doing a nvq. what tkt are we talking about:wondering:

Run that by me again outward bound, cause if u have the advanced tkt why would you want to be doing a nvq. what tkt are we talking about:wondering:

Hi Mate

If you do not have a NVQ on your CISRS card by 2012, they will not renew it.

Some guys years ago, gained advanced cards when it changed over from the CITB cards, however, these did not include NVQ;s

During the days of the Assessed route of Entry, you could either do your Advanced course with a NVQ or without, the NVQ 3 at the time seemed a right Palaver, but my mate who i was on the course with me convinced me to go for the NVQ aswell. If it hadnt been for him, i would be fuming like you guys have RIGHT to be.

Hope that helps T Animal

Regards
Paddy

Thanks for that paddy seeing the bigger picture now,:wondering: christ why did they have to make it so dam complicated:nuts: Just shows you if you go down the wrong track it can come back to haunt you:sick:

Outward bound i completed my part one 2 months ago and could do with some info if poss , its deffinately a tricky one this !

:amazed::amazed:

john77

Hi Mate

If you do not have a NVQ on your CISRS card by 2012, they will not renew it.

Some guys years ago, gained advanced cards when it changed over from the CITB cards, however, these did not include NVQ;s

During the days of the Assessed route of Entry, you could either do your Advanced course with a NVQ or without, the NVQ 3 at the time seemed a right Palaver, but my mate who i was on the course with me convinced me to go for the NVQ aswell. If it hadnt been for him, i would be fuming like you guys have RIGHT to be.

Hope that helps T Animal

Regards
Paddy

l have a advanced card which l did in 1993 this was not done through the assessed route and also was,nt done as a NVQ spoke to a lady at CISRS and she said the NVQ was,nt around untill 1996 my card runs out at the end of the year and said to her will it effect me getting my card renewed she said no

l have a advanced card which l did in 1993 this was not done through the assessed route and also was,nt done as a NVQ spoke to a lady at CISRS and she said the NVQ was,nt around untill 1996 my card runs out at the end of the year and said to her will it effect me getting my card renewed she said no

Good mate,

Dangeruss also confirmed that the CISRS had no plans to make the NVQ a essential from 2012, for those that have not got them.

However, i acted in a way, that too me, was essential to let my fellow Scaffolders aware of the coming proposal.

I recieved the information, Firstly by a Site Manager undertaking his NVQ 4. In order to confirm his allegation, i collared the NVQ Assessor on his next visit.

I questioned the Assessor on the Need for a NVQ by 2012, and even Categorised my questions down to CISRS. His answer was affirmative, you will need one included.

Going off piste a bit, with the Assessor, i relayed our concerns and intended actions, regarding the ECITB fiasco, and gave him a rough introduction about www.scaffoldersforum.com and the SCCR.

If he visits again (Outside Consultancy) i will ask him to explain his source of information, or i will name and shame his cosultancy and report his Scaremongering to Construction Skills/CSCS.

May i state again, i acted in what i thought was the best intentions for the Forum members.

Regards

Paddy

Anyone interested ?

Good day, I just want to inquire of the possibility or eligibility of attending the scaffolding training for free.
Am a month and 2 days old in the UK, I have been issued an insurance number and other necessary documents.
I learnt Scaffolding in Nigeria under Chevron Nigeria Limited, but employers insist I get fresh training and certification here in the UKs, which I can’t certainly afford.
It will be most appreciated if am granted the opportunity to undergo the training with your assistance.
Warm regards
Wisdom Toju

51 Neville Street
Cardiff,
CF11 6LQ

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom