Teeside Scaffold collapse leads to prosecution (1 Viewer)

BetterTAX

Reaction score
Another scaffold collapse leads to prosecution

A scaffolding contractor from Teesside has been fined after a scaffold collapsed into a public street.

After the case, HSE Inspector Natalie Wright said:

"The scaffold had been used as a working platform for at least five days before the incident, by workers on site carrying out work to the house fronts. It could have collapsed at any time, creating a significant risk to workers and members of the public.

"This incident demonstrates how important it is for contractors to follow the requirements for the construction of scaffolds.

"Contractors need to ensure that they meet the relevant standards in their work to erect safe and stable scaffolds, so that they do not expose workers and members of the public to risk."

with these incidents, whose responsibility is it to make sure it is secured properly?

Job was for Mbro council according to the paper reports,surley a government appointed council would of had the structure built to drawings allowing for wind factors and other potential risks.Wonder who gets a big fat wedge for being the so called scaffold inspector on the council,or who organises that the jobs are kept in line with required standards..

I really do know the bloke.... its a shame really, because anyone who has seen his work around town, couldn't fail to be impressed by it.. He normally goes the "whole hog" with ties, plan bracing, signage etc. so i'm very surprised he has allowed such low quality of work to get by him. There is no way he was involved in the erection process, yet as the gaffer the responsibilty rests with him...

Joking, lol

ok topperoff just a bit sensitive over the ecitb tkt issue. keep it true and never walk away from a job that doesnt look right cause it aint rite. when scaffs say cant see it from my house then the job aint rite take pride in your work cause its the best job in the world cosh im getting emotional :nuts:

ok topperoff just a bit sensitive over the ecitb tkt issue. keep it true and never walk away from a job that doesnt look right cause it aint rite. when scaffs say cant see it from my house then the job aint rite take pride in your work cause its the best job in the world cosh im getting emotional :nuts:

You put your signature to every job you do, PRIDE AND RESPONSIBILTY IS YOURS...

Top Bottom