HGV Driver CPC (1 Viewer)

HatterScaff

Reaction score
with the changes in the law for the requirement of HGV drivers to hold a CPC card (soon have full deck)
Has anyone yet done the training
what does it cost/whats involved ?

we looked into it and came to the conclusion our guys didnt need it , as wagon usage was in conection duty orf the job and wasnt for hire or reward
This info was gathered from the FTA
regards

course is one thing but you have to do a minimum of 35 hours of training in first 5 years
5 x 7 hour stints approx 500.00 to cover all of that
Drivers main job a scaffolder with a secondry occupation of driver - we do not employ "drivers"

surprise surprise - english bob ha ha

driver cpc

look at direct.gov.uk i looked and what i gather you dont need to do a cpc because we are scaffolders and not proffesional drivers. it dont come in till 2014

i've jst done my HGV and as long as your not dropping off gear for other lads you don't need to do a cpc

As far as we are aware anyone, this means everyone, who drives a 7.5t upwards must do the training, this is one course per year, for five years, then rolling on, ie you have to do a course every year for the rest of your driving life!!

I have done my first course, £ 100 for full day, the company running the course then uploads your driver details to the DVLA, if you don't do the courses then VOSA will know when they stop you, you will then get done, this is after the date it starts, 2014 I think ?

As far as I know it dos'nt matter if you are a scaff or a driver, if you drive a 7.5t truck and above you have to do the courses, every year!

We used Tachodisc, 01925 283328, if you need info give them a call, they are very helpfull

Vehicles carrying material or equipment to be used by the driver in the course of his or her work, provided that driving the vehicle does not constitute the driver’s principal activity.

Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) has indicated it believes this is likely to apply to operations where the vehicle is the ‘tool box’ for the main activity. VOSA believes the ‘principal activity’ of the driver will depend on what the driver is employed to do and how that is demonstrated from the time spent driving. For example, if the driver is one of the workmen (e.g. the builder, scaffolder or plumber) the exemption will probably apply, but if the driver is just delivering the goods for others to work with on site, then this exemption is unlikely to apply.

Try this site for more info Driver CPC Scope and Exemptions

with the changes in the law for the requirement of HGV drivers to hold a CPC card (soon have full deck)
Has anyone yet done the training
what does it cost/whats involved ?

do i have to do the cpc training im a scaffolder with hgv

You only need to do your cpc if you go into paid employment as a driver. I have my hgv and because we drive to site and the vehicle is stationary for most of the day it does not apply to scaffolder/driver.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I haven't done anything about this training either, but I do forsee a few difficult conversions with the more overzealous of the boys in blue at the side of the road.

Top Bottom