Moderated Posts (2 Viewers)

BetterTAX

Reaction score
hiya,

didnt know whether to post here or not, i have PM'd mod but not sure if that went through or not.

i did a couple of posts yesterday that needed to be approved and they still dont show.

i read in the rules that 2 - 3 word posts are not allowed... and these were short message ones, but one was thanking someone and the other was asking a "fun" ish sort of question... so neither were naughty in any way.

have they disappeared for good?

hiya,

didnt know whether to post here or not, i have PM'd mod but not sure if that went through or not.

i did a couple of posts yesterday that needed to be approved and they still dont show.

i read in the rules that 2 - 3 word posts are not allowed... and these were short message ones, but one was thanking someone and the other was asking a "fun" ish sort of question... so neither were naughty in any way.

have they disappeared for good?

No they haven't dissapeared. Some posts need to be approved by a mod before they go live and I dont don't work on the weekends so they haven't been approved yet.

By the way, stop adding links in your signatures. I have removed them for a reason!

Best Regards

SF Admin

hi SF admin,

i wasnt sure at first why they were being moderated, as i said, they were very innocuous. hopefully they will be allowed.

as for signatures... the option is available, so i used it. i cant see in the FAQ that i'm not supposed to?

i know other forums only let you have sigs after 10 posts, to stop drive by posters, but i couldnt see anything in the rules or FAQ saying that. can you clarify for me please? :)

thanks

hi SF admin,

i wasnt sure at first why they were being moderated, as i said, they were very innocuous. hopefully they will be allowed.

as for signatures... the option is available, so i used it. i cant see in the FAQ that i'm not supposed to?

i know other forums only let you have sigs after 10 posts, to stop drive by posters, but i couldnt see anything in the rules or FAQ saying that. can you clarify for me please? :)

thanks

• Please respect other forum members at all times.
  • If you have an issue with a member, PM a moderator or admin
  • Any racist, bigotry or discriminating posts will not be tolerated
  • Please refrain from any unnecessary swearing
  • We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
  • Please refrain from posting meaningless threads, one word (or short) non-sense posts, or the such.
  • Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email, visitor messages, blog comments, picture comments and private message systems to spam other members. (except for forum advertisers and sponsors)
  • Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.
  • Discussion of illegal activities such as software and music piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed.
  • Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
  • You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
  • You cannot post advertisements or notices for contests.

hiya,

my posts seem to be moderated again.

i did one yesterday that went on ok but when i posted another one, it said it had to be approved. i thought maybe it was because of the too few words thing...

but when i did one just now, its still being modded... i guess this one will be too?

just when i thought you guys liked me, i'm feeling very unwanted and unloved here :sad:

It's not a personal thing. Certain things trip the filter e.g. short posts, links to the other sites. Anything that looks like spam is automatically suspended until checked over by a moderator.

Best Regards

SF Admin

hiya,

my posts seem to be moderated again.

i did one yesterday that went on ok but when i posted another one, it said it had to be approved. i thought maybe it was because of the too few words thing...

but when i did one just now, its still being modded... i guess this one will be too?

just when i thought you guys liked me, i'm feeling very unwanted and unloved here :sad:

lol, me again!!

i posted, what i thought was an amusing, link last night and it's still not showing now.

is there a way of posting links so that the filter doesnt trip? i do a lot of internet searching and come across all sorts of info and things of interest, and anyway, shouldn't we all be encouraged to post relevant links to "prove" what's being said? just a thought..

Top Bottom