CBI Gorgon Manning Up (1 Viewer)

Flannel

Reaction score
Got an email from a mate in Oz, CBI are in full swing looking for 300 scaffolders for a big LNG build.

£140k ($240,000 Aussie dollars) per year for 4 weeks on and 1 week of rotation + 9% pension

80% of the work is tube the rest is k stage.

Nice earner.

They won't have much trouble finding 300 scaffs. There are thousands looking for FIFO work at the moment.

One of my mates is a supervisor for CBI on Gorgon. There has been unrest there about workers having to share dongas ( bedrooms).

On the plus side the induction lasts around a month which you have to do in Perth.

Have Spanners, sounds like even with the money there is a big turnover of guys.

They dont like the Chevron Regime?

Have Spanners, sounds like even with the money there is a big turnover of guys.

They dont like the Chevron Regime?

So I hear. They don't like the limit of beers they are allowed to have or sharing a room.
There was an English lad on the forum who was there Orac I think. He was loving it there. Of course you have to remember the aussies are pretty spoilt where working conditions are concerned whereas the Brits will put up with anything.

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

Do they provide your flights to and from oz...flannel?.

Doubt it mate. You can always fly to Indonesia and catch a boat from there.

I'm sure spoilt is a relative term, Australia is always fairly busy, but the scaffold skill level is not world renown!

Scaffy if they are paying that much the flights are on you!

Orac, from the posts works for a south australian/scots company doing really well in Oz.

In so far as "The Brits putting up with everything" we just dont, or the forum would be fairly dry.

I'm sure spoilt is a relative term, Australia is always fairly busy, but the scaffold skill level is not world renown!

Scaffy if they are paying that much the flights are on you!

Orac, from the posts works for a south australian/scots company doing really well in Oz.

In so far as "The Brits putting up with everything" we just dont, or the forum would be fairly dry.

The firm Orac is on for have a contract on Gorgon. One of the jetties I think.

The skill level in Oz is a mirror image of the UK. Old school scaffs who can do anything with tube and fittings, a large number of men who have got a ticket but couldn't scaffold my bell end and the rest smash and bash system merchants.

The working conditions are far better largely thanks to the unions something the UK sadly lacks.

CBI are doing the land based stuff, the trains, pipelines etc.

I'm out on the caissons on the water on the jetty build, most of our work is with layher, but just starting to do more tube & fitting.

Got a promotion to full time scaffold inspector.

CBI are doing the land based stuff, the trains, pipelines etc.

I'm out on the caissons on the water on the jetty build, most of our work is with layher, but just starting to do more tube & fitting.

Got a promotion to full time scaffold inspector.

I said I thought you were on the jetty.
Congrats on the new role. Nice number the 30 day inspections.
You sharing a room mate?

we do the inspections every 7 days, had room share for a while, would prefer to have it again, we stayed on the ship the Norce Endevour got $200 a night for doing it, i shared with a guy on night shift so essentially had room to my self, no beers on ship though, wasn't bothered about the 3% mid strength:eek:

hello chaps any info on this im interested in gettin out there to earn a few quid.wots the contact detail pls

What quali's do you need out there orac?. Looking at coming abroad sometime next year.

If on the tools you will need an Australian scaffolders ticket probably advanced but they may take intermediates if they are desperate.
Also you have to do WAH and the safety course white card or is it blue.

---------- Post added at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

hello chaps any info on this im interested in gettin out there to earn a few quid.wots the contact detail pls

You will probably have to contact CB&I HR and let them know what type of work visa you have.

I'm amazed English scaffs manage to get a work visa for Oz,everyone I know has a criminal record.

As HSWT says you need to have your Australian advanced scaffold ticket, work at heights, msic card, pass the medical, do your rope rescue & sea survival as well as all the online training they throw at you.

You will need to have a PR visa or be eligible to work in oz, young persons working visas are not accepted
& 457's are no longer accepted.

Look here:

http://www.gorgonjobs.kjv.com.au/contractors/contractors-ae/cbi-constructors-pty-ltd/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Top Bottom