Hmrc cis!!! (1 Viewer)

Dandaps

Reaction score
Why do HMRC think they can hold onto my money that my company was due for months literally claimed in April phoned about a month ago and they said if you have not received it by OCTOBER 22nd!! then ring us again. Yet when they want their vat its instantly, pisses me right off. CIS = TAKE THE ****:mad:.
I go through this stupid cat and mouse game every year. Surely Cis does more harm to businesses than good?

Oh m8 sounds like u got a shiit accountant to me - i get mine within 3 weeks of submitting the accounts

Im The Same Southern, 4 Weeks Maximum And The Moneys In The Bank.

Seriously?
He tells my hes made the refund application every april . When I phone HMRC they allways tell me they have got it all there everything the amount I'm owed everything all on screen but the current turnaround is x amount of weeks. Coukld it be my Hmrc accounts office is sh1t if not then my accountant gonna get the boot

lesson to be learnt is always keep some saved for a rainy day pal !

I do PAL, I got that much on I could do with a new wagon Pal, Yet I'm sat waiting for a big fat cheque to come through my door pal rather asking my bank to fund it,

Could Well Be The Office Dandaps, If The Accountant Is Submitting The Books In Time Then It Must Be The Tax Office Thats The Hold Up. But Your Not Unique, I Know Some Labour Only Subbies (Like Me )Have Struggled For The Past Three Years To Get There Rebates For Christmas. If You Are Owe Them A Goddam Penny They Will Sell Your House.

Yer thats my thinking Gerscaff I use a chartered accountants who deal with some big clients, I phone accounts office they confirm the figures etc but say that they have big backlog. I just think it's a stupid system not other businesses have to deal with this joke just us lot in construction, basically they hold 20% from every job we do till they feel they can be bothered to pay it back, this is 20% of my cash flow each year that I could use for gear, trucks, yard rent or new staff

ts basc stuff !!

without being offensive ' each and everyone of you should be ashamed / supposingly in charge of men and material in high rsk job '' yet you cant phone the ax man without being baffled ...
no wonder the games rined:laugh:

Yer thats my thinking Gerscaff I use a chartered accountants who deal with some big clients, I phone accounts office they confirm the figures etc but say that they have big backlog. I just think it's a stupid system not other businesses have to deal with this joke just us lot in construction, basically they hold 20% from every job we do till they feel they can be bothered to pay it back, this is 20% of my cash flow each year that I could use for gear, trucks, yard rent or new staff

don't you turnover enough to qualify for a CIS deduction exemption. it used to be a CIS 6 when it was CIS cards, the cis 4 was where they took the 18% from you, as it was at the time!

Sorry mate I'm not baffled by the tax I just think the CIS tax is unfair and restricts my company, I take it that you have had good dealing with HMRC? I do save for a rainy day and I have got the lads wages in the bank every Friday and don't owe a penny to anybody at moment but when I have submitted everything on time and pay them on time then I expect the same in respect from them. I am going to apply for gross status but cant seem to find the time at the moment as recently I am working nearly 12 hrs every day and for the past 3 weekends and after phoning them before I know I need to set a good hour and half aside to get through to the right person.
seems I'm not the only one in this position

CIS - Unfair and Criminal [Archive] - UK Business Forums

do you have any tips recruit1 on how I can run my business better
ps no offence taken

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

yes I qualify but have never applied, need give them a ring tomarrow

Sorry mate I'm not baffled by the tax I just think the CIS tax is unfair and restricts my company, I take it that you have had good dealing with HMRC? I do save for a rainy day and I have got the lads wages in the bank every Friday and don't owe a penny to anybody at moment but when I have submitted everything on time and pay them on time then I expect the same in respect from them. I am going to apply for gross status but cant seem to find the time at the moment as recently I am working nearly 12 hrs every day and for the past 3 weekends and after phoning them before I know I need to set a good hour and half aside to get through to the right person.
seems I'm not the only one in this position

CIS - Unfair and Criminal [Archive] - UK Business Forums

do you have any tips recruit1 on how I can run my business better
ps no offence taken

---------- Post added at 10:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 PM ----------

yes I qualify but have never applied, need give them a ring tomarrow

well worth it. i used to find having 18% deducted and having to pay the vat crippling. We did get it all back eventually, but it was a complicated process!

cheers gunslinger gonna sort this out with em

without being offensive ' each and everyone of you should be ashamed / supposingly in charge of men and material in high rsk job '' yet you cant phone the ax man without being baffled ...
no wonder the games rined:laugh:

welcome to the forum, it's a while since we had a troll on here. the last one was robert but he had to leave cos he was "on the other bus" if you get me!:blink1:

I got 2 this year one for last year and one for the year before now that was on CIS now the previous 10 years (since I left school) I've been on the cards, I received a cheque out of the blue 3 years ago saying I had payed too much tax for the year previous I think but apart from that I've had no money back for all the other years. Can I claim back any of it/ how far can I go back?

Top Bottom