Anyone for Gloves? (1 Viewer)

BetterTAX

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

40% of our client base are scaffolders.

When we do their tax returns & get their tax refunds, we hear over and over again that it's "only the southern softie" scaffolders that use gloves (tax deductable, btw :blink1:)...

is this true???:bigsmile:

iam a southerner i ware gloves all the time wouldnt say that iam a softie though lol.

Hi Guys,

40% of our client base are scaffolders.

When we do their tax returns & get their tax refunds, we hear over and over again that it's "only the southern softie" scaffolders that use gloves (tax deductable, btw :blink1:)...

is this true???:bigsmile:

It probably is true mate, yes.
The Northern lads are generally too busy breeding whippets, smoking Regal cigarettes, pigeon fancying and appearing on Bullseye, to worry about such frivolous things as gloves...

Last edited:
phil181 dont talk sh+t trying to stereotype northerners its what little kids do you muppet

phil,

i just read about your 1999 incident - you are a tough old cookie, eh! and i see mention of gloves not being worn circa 1980... blimey!

scaf369, he was probably just having a joke... you're a northener, do you wear gloves?

hope i get some more insight! :amuse:

Last edited:
Down in South, Main contractors insist we wear gloves
we have little choice, but your right we are getting soft
our lads now won't work without them!:laugh:

get told to ware gloves all the time

phil181 dont talk sh+t trying to stereotype northerners its what little kids do you muppet

Apologies if my comment caused offence mate. I was only having a laugh - this is a scaffolders forum after all - So I didn't think anyone would take umbrage to a bit of light-hearted banter.

Note that nobody seemed to object to the 'southern softie' dig.

Enjoy your weekend.

---------- Post added at 06:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

phil,

i just read about your 1999 incident - you are a tough old cookie, eh! and i see mention of gloves not being worn circa 1980... blimey!

scaf369, he was probably just having a joke... you're a northener, do you wear gloves?

hope i get some more insight! :amuse:

Not that tough. I forgot to mention the bit about when I shat myself as I fell!

most sites you have to wear gloves, they are good when chaining boards, but crap in the summer or rain, unless you get the thin gloves and they aint to bad really

i have tried to find tidy gloves for summer and winter tried most,if scaffs knew what were used to oil fittings maybe more would wear them.not many see whats used

Since i started in 1978, with the big red rubber gloves ( hands like Corky the cat) gloves have realy evolved, we have gloves, for every occasion now.

There are Catalogues with pages and pages of PPE gloves, however, that is good for the corporate companies, buying in bulk. What about the SME's who even though they look after their Lads/lasses, dont know when the next 'Job or Cheque' is coming in. They cant afford a Library of gloves on a day to day basis ie Wet weather,dry weather.

IMHO a decent Barrier cream, provided, then the personal choice of 'to wear or not to wear that is the question' A bloke called Shaky pinched that quote off me a few year ago:embarrest:

dont like gloves,cant feel tube correctly.never worn them,hands like leather now,20 years in game will do that ,if your used to not wearing them,i dont think you should be made to wear them on sites,its a bit like the seatbelt law,they tell you when you wear them.:D

thanks guys, for all the replies. H & S has a lot to answer for, eh!

We only carry 2 types of glove, the doctors type for servicing and the showa half coated for every thing else, if the boys decide they really don't want to wear gloves on a particular job they don't have too but I would rather they did. I have seen too many old boy's with hands like an eagles claw, (in fact one old boy's finger nail were growing in to the palm of his hand) I think it's quite a painful procedure to cut the tendons and straighten the fingers. I wear gloves all the time now and couldn't care less whether some one thinks I'm soft or not.

Top Bottom