Method Statements / Risk Assessments

mart62

Reaction score
Dont you just love these.

Every time I read through mine the wording dosn't seem quite right.

Has anyone got a method statement for independent I could buy off them or maybe we can compare each others for those who have to do these.

Martin

Going off on a slight tangent here...has anyone tried the CITB RA/MS software?

Had a play with it a while ago, like the format but by god its a pain in the arse working with it.

Dave.

Not heard of this Dave

What is it exactly ?

Martin

Dont you just love these.

Every time I read through mine the wording dosn't seem quite right.

Has anyone got a method statement for independent I could buy off them or maybe we can compare each others for those who have to do these.

Martin

Hi Martin got a professionally prepared risk assessment/method statement for scaffold works associated with timber frame build if thats any good ?

any chance u could pm me that mate could come in really handy cheers

can i have a copy ???? PM me and il send whoever wants a copy of ours its a good un RAMS

I think we will all probably be in the same boat regarding this but I feel that our forms are products of every main contractor who has had some sort of input or something to say about them. We try and keep our's basic and simple as there is so many degrees of reading ability. Our risk assessment is just a tick box sheet with a list of common hazards and measures to negate these and we tick off what applies. The method statement goes in to slightly more detail but as the saying goes- "Keep it simple stupid."

thats what we try to do but gets rejected as to generic !! , ours runs to bout 20 pages deep , wanna see the paperwork to get on the olympics !

No thanks scaffy, I'm getting a sore head just thinking about it. I don't know about you but I laugh at that generic, I might be wrong but site to site there is very little difference between them, infact if there wasn't a sign on the gate I would probably forget which one I was on. If I gave the boy's a 20 page risk assessment they would fall asleep by page 3 unless Linda Lusardi was on it. I have had one or two mention the word generic, but too be honest so are most of the buildings they are trying to construct.

I will try and scan it later and send it to anyone who wants to take a look at it.

I will just run it past podger first to see if that is ok with him

Martin

linda lussardi , i remember her when i was a wee boy , she must be in her 50s now yuk

Wee boy my erse. Couldn't remember the name of the wee blonde one that came after her.:D

Sam Fox, mmm was only a wee lad myself:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

linda lussardi , i remember her when i was a wee boy , she must be in her 50s now yuk

I am in my 50s now, still think i am a young rough and tough scaff:eek: however, the bones tell me different. Still get no sh1t off the younguns though:D

that aint as good as young dumb and full of my c..
in me 30s mate ,

I will try and scan it later and send it to anyone who wants to take a look at it.

I will just run it past podger first to see if that is ok with him

Martin

No problem you will be better equipped as I havnt got a scanner

I have it now as a pdf file.

I didnt realise it was so hard to edit a pdf file

Anyone wants it in pdf let me know.

Martin. Can anyone convert it to an editable version of word.

Top Bottom