ScaffGap

John

I have just viewed the Product Awareness Attachment and will forward the Product Information to my Client base for their perusal.

The containment of debris, tools and materials are indeed a concern for both Principal Contractors and Sub-Contract Service Companies, this product is an option to mitigate against such emissions and Torts.

The makeshift measures of patching the gaps and breaches on working platforms with salvaged pieces of timber are in them selfs a hazard ( Slips, Trips and falls ) this Product offers a seamless bridging covering.

Thanks for the info

Garry...

John

Good to hear from you once more, I believe we discussed on the IOSH Forum, all be it some time ago.

I have viewed the Site and was very impressed with the Saffgap's attributes, the extensive list of prime Movers within the Scaffolding Industry that subscribe to Saffgap pays tribute to the innovation. Therefore, there is little that I contribute as an addendum, save that, perhaps a reflective strip could be incorporated to high light the access and egress point in the event of an Emergency, i.e. Power Cut or a Smoke Filled atmosphere which may impair the vision. perhaps, consideration could be given to manufacturing shrouds to slip over wooden stair treads as an anti-slip measure.

It just shows how comprehensive the Scaffgap Produce is, the above suggestions may be construed as clutching at staws.

Garry...

Looks a great idea,i take it that you cut the required length to suit the bay gap between the stds,is it possible to produce a section of scaffgap to a length of between 1.5/2.5m with a telescopic centre so to reduce the need for cutting as this would save wastage of materials,and always be long enough to use on all average sized bays..

daz

nice one daz :idea:---I can see where your comong fromwell worth consideration Id say...;)

John showed us this product - very good product to it is

There must have been a gap in the market :D

Just used this at St Pancras, although the product is good, I too was concerned about the cost and due to the complexity of the job had to cut it. A telescopic version would be great!!

daz and Scaff

Yet another example where joint consultation with the Scaffs can be of benefit---all be it that the original concept was created by a Scaff---however, there is always room for improvement, it could be the difference between an enquirer or a purchase order...;)

Looks a great idea,i take it that you cut the required length to suit the bay gap between the stds,is it possible to produce a section of scaffgap to a length of between 1.5/2.5m with a telescopic centre so to reduce the need for cutting as this would save wastage of materials,and always be long enough to use on all average sized bays..

ScaffGap can be ordered in customised lengths but predominantly is available in 1.8m, 2m and 2.3m lengths. ScaffGap can be easily cut with a wood saw. If the job is planned properly the need to cut ScaffGap will be minimal. Everyone loves the product and anyone that has purchased it have come back for more.
Thanks for you're comments. More comments welcome.

Yeah i agree john it looks good,but as you know no 2 jobs are ever the same,a telescopic version would i think be great value for money from a cost view,due to being reused time and again due to having no restrictions compared to a cut piece.I also think that this would result in a lot more orders for this product,given its flexability..

Hi daz, The production costs of producing a retractable design would be costly and drive the end user price up quite significantly. Although a telescopic version of ScaffGap would be a great product, it would be an expensive piece of kit. As it is at the moment we have driven down the retail price of ScaffGap to the bare bones to be competitive, although we have no competitors, our Patent and copyright is well protective. ScaffGap is a high volume -- low cost product that will become an integral part of all scaffold platforms.

Thankyou Gary,

Please visit the website Welcome to ScaffGap Ltd

hi all just seen this product and although im very impressed with its concept i have been working with this for a number of years at hunterson power station it is very prone to warping thus sometimes difficult to marry two boards together maybe the plastic should be a little tougher:embarrest:

weebroxi

Is the warping more prominent when used in hot/steam environments and in prolonged use in service ?...

Garry...

weebroxi

Is the warping more prominent when used in hot/steam environments and in prolonged use in service ?...

Garry...

hi garry
well on working with this product its really good but if left out to
the elements sun/frost it tends to warp but still a cracking idea if looked after.

All comments on ScafGaps application, use and development are most welcome by ScaffGap Ltd. Being an ex scaffolder, now a health and safety professional, and inventor/director of ScaffGap; my overall business objective is to develop and manufacture scaffgap to a par of excellence.
Warping will occur if the boards ScaffGap is attached to twist and warp out of alignment themselves. The ideal way to store ScaffGap is to interlock the lengths in pairs. Considerable investment has been made into the research and development of the product ensuring a simple but effective design.
If a particular version of scaffgap is needed; ie. one that can withstand adverse atmospheric conditions such as heat, steam etc is required, and there is a viable commercial need, then ScaffGap Ltd will produce such a version. Please do not hesitate to contact me: houlihanassociates@googlemail.com.

Yes I worked on the McAlpine/Mace project in tooley St.

Thanks ...all constructive comments are welcome!!

yes john thanks for your reply about scaffgap the points you raised are probably right about the warping the storage of this product has to be right. The product is a cracking idea and hope you and the company go from strength to strength.

john thought it was you i was on the same job you were the gaffer if im right james/donny/cats /ped /g woods tam woods ect hope youre doing okjust wanted to say hello.

Top Bottom