hilti ties

Super_scaff

Reaction score
I have recently got some new ties that fit on the end of a normal ring thread which then screw straight into the wall does any one know what they are called as i want to get some more :blink1:

Sounds interesting superscaff, always looking for better ways to tie a job, any pics?

super - never heard of them unless they have the adaptor and are similar to what we use for timber frame jobs and come from leechs ???????????????????
We use excaliba bolts

Scaffy,

We are trying to use the Excalibur bolts as well, but struggling to get them home. I know there was a thread on this earlier but are you fixing them with an impact socket? Don't want to sound too country but were still trying to wrap them with a shifter.

Scaffy,

We are trying to use the Excalibur bolts as well, but struggling to get them home. I know there was a thread on this earlier but are you fixing them with an impact socket? Don't want to sound too country but were still trying to wrap them with a shifter.
You can get a ratchet spanner for them 17mm for timber frame if i'm not mistaken excaliburs your better off with a socket set.

aom - we have used 13mm sockets on our excaliber bolts , usuallt through a mills 90 double

Seanriley -Ive tried to get info from apollo on the apollo bolt but had no luck, what they like any good ??? also wanted feedback on these expanding rubber anchors if any one has used them

Have you tried Apollo scaffolding fittings and ties?

You can get a ratchet spanner for them 17mm for timber frame if i'm not mistaken excaliburs your better off with a socket set.

I used the apollo once years ago when erecting all round, the boy's I was working with at the time used a 600 tranny to hook into it, didn't really rate them although I have since heard a number on here using them successfully.

Willie,

Please don't tell me you can use these in timber frame, never even crossed my mind to try it. Were you just going into a normal stud and what happened when they brought the brick work up. This could solve around 60% of my problems if I could get that to work.

we are using something similar on timber frame with an adaptor , and extended bar for when the brick work goes up

we are using something similar on timber frame with an adaptor , and extended bar for when the brick work goes up

How does that work scaffy, can it stay in for the duration of the job?

well it works for rydons , fixing+adaptor+threaded bar + ringbolt is how its done

Not too sure how that would work for me scaffy. Mostly block work up here then rendered. I take it you just leave a brick out till the job is being dismantled? It's all k rend up here which has to be applied in one operation for some reason.

I don't think you can beat apollo ties personally. You can get various lengths (up to a special 450mm, I believe) so you can tie in a super structure and brick/clad around the tie, without the need for any threaded bar or adaptor. They're quick to fix, takes a nice purchase into soft brick/stones - as well as concrete.
Rarely fails a pull test to 9.15KN either, unlike our old friend the M16 hilti anchor.

send me your email address ive got a pdf from apollo here i can forward for there tie system for timber frame if thats any help to you , 16mm threaded bar through the brick rake i believe is how we did it , whilst adapting the scaffold lifts

---------- Post added at 04:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 PM ----------

must be that spray render *****

I have used the Apollo very successfully on a large timber frame buildng with the extra long bolt to take care of the brickwork, and they are reasonably priced

yeh the threaded bar with adaptor laid across top of brick is smaller than pug joint

Scaffy,

Excellent bit of info mate. That's when I realise I have been too long in the sticks. Still got a couple of questions about them, K-rend is not sprayed but applied traditionally with 2 coats some smooth and some cast, it's more or less the same as traditional rough cast except I think additional waterproofing. The main problem I see is it must leave a noticeable mark on the finished building when you remove the hook? It can't all be brick work down there is it you must have rough cast finishes down there as well.

Anyway thanks again for the email, loads of info to ponder.

plastic caps mate thats whats usually done this end wen the threaded bar pulled out i believe , apollodave is ya man to quiz on applications

Hi Apollodave...
We have met a you deal with us quite a lot.

I can vouch for Apollo systems, they work extremely well and are our prefered system. Much better than Hilti.
Dave is also a very helpfull and knowledgable guy. He sorted out a mass of information and guidance when we first tried the scaffold screws into timber. Saved us a bunch of hassle.

I'll get some pics I also had the guy from excaliber come out to show me there new rings That screw straight into the wall and can fit a tube through. No need for bullets and much easier to fit.

Top Bottom