Drawings (1 Viewer)

RedViking

Reaction score
How many times have you been given a drawing and it gets ruined a couple of days and then you ask for a new one and the reply is '' you know how much the ink cost's ? ''
At the firm i am at they use a water based ink so any rain or sweat from a moped brow ( no laughing ) ruins it .
Why not laminate them ?? or any other suggestions ???

Give it to the person doing the job a couple of days before they start/not when the've started it:nuts:

Give it to the person doing the job a couple of days before they start/not when the've started it:nuts:

If you see the drawings I get you would need the head of steven hawking to remember all the infomation ,we do get the drawing a couple of days before but only to do a load list.

Laminate A3

Hi RedViking

Quite a few of my customers print the A1 drawings at A3, they can still read them, even though they may not be to scale and then laminate the drawing for the scaffolders.

Only problem is you need an A3 printer and laminator, but seems to work quite well.

All the best

Chris Eng :idea:

Tricky

How many times have you been given a drawing and it gets ruined a couple of days and then you ask for a new one and the reply is '' you know how much the ink cost's ? ''
At the firm i am at they use a water based ink so any rain or sweat from a moped brow ( no laughing ) ruins it .

Tricky getting them in your arse pocket!!

Hi RedViking

Quite a few of my customers print the A1 drawings at A3, they can still read them, even though they may not be to scale and then laminate the drawing for the scaffolders.

Only problem is you need an A3 printer and laminator, but seems to work quite well.

All the best

Chris Eng :idea:
hi chris eng. yea we do that,nd one ov our designers also colour codes the checks,plan braces nd ova details. do u do this ? nd is it the norm ?

I'm sure I laminated the drawing of that little cantiliver at New Court....

Hi Scaff22

I do all my drawings in 3D so I colour code the standards-blue, ledgers - green, transoms - red, braces - yellow, checks - purple, beams - black.

When you trying to work in 3D can be confusing if everything is black and white to try and work out what they are.

Look at my profile got some images of some small jobs.

All the best

Chris Eng

Plastic paper?

Seen plans for roofers and steel workers printed on plastic. Perfect for site work. Don't know how much the set up costs or if you can use normal printers but works great.

Could you not print onto a laminate or something which would allow the water to run off. Not sure if the ink would stay in place mind?

We have a laminater in the office, available from almost any good stationary suppliers. Ours laminates up to A3. Sleeves available in packs of 20 or so, dont cost much really.

Ive laminated drawings in the winter to try and keep them lasting a bit longer. Theyre not 100% waterproof but will give you a few days life if they dont get too wet. Also they are good for temporary signs to use on the scaffold or in the yard and office.

Hi Scaff22

I do all my drawings in 3D so I colour code the standards-blue, ledgers - green, transoms - red, braces - yellow, checks - purple, beams - black.

When you trying to work in 3D can be confusing if everything is black and white to try and work out what they are.

All the best

Chris Eng
hi chris eng. thanks 4 that,all info much appreciated. will do

Hi Scaff22

All the best

Chris Eng

Had a look at your site Chris and must say the designs look spot on and a lot easier to understand when they are colour coded.

3D Drawings

Hi Dandaps

Thanks

I only got back into the design side of things 3.5 years ago after 20 years in management and estimating when I found I could do some nice drawings in 3d.

Hope things going well for you in Bolton

Chris Eng:)

Yer mate things are picking up. But always have the same problem. We put the scaffolds up on time but will we get paid on time!

Top Bottom