Diagonal & Horizontal Fittings (1 Viewer)

Collo

Reaction score
Hi Gents

Does anybody remember, or still use DH's? And does anybody know if you can still buy them?

allways wondered what dh stood for , few firms down brighton way use them , have had a few in past

A cracking fitting for ledger braces or splays. Don't see them around any more though. I wonder if Chris could shed any light on whether they are okay according to TG20:08, to still use on ledger bracing? If i remember right the SWL was lower than a double (5.1kN rings a bell).

Hi Gents

Does anybody remember, or still use DH's? And does anybody know if you can still buy them?

look at the X bracing on this old picture pal ....
( bottom right )
brum branch busy pal ?

Attachments

• old scaffolders.jpg
    old scaffolders.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 140
I know who you mean mate, I haven't come accross those lads yet (I think most of them didn't last long). Was Steve Marples down there at the time?

Used to use the DH's on an old firm a lot, still see some good uses for them but I was told they were 'banned' as they didnt give a great enough contact area.

was also told they was banned years ago

DH Fitting

Hi Collo

Assume you mean this fitting as a DH. Sort of band and plate single, girder coupler as per picture.

I agree with the others that this fitting was withdrawn and banned as it could not be guaranteed on the slip load.

I know it was used as a girder coupler sometimes, but problem was the screw could work loose especially under vibrations.

Would be surprised if you could find them. Band and plates are hard to get nowadays.

All the best

Chris Eng

Attachments

• DH.jpg
    DH.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 27
Anglesey scaffolding in wales all they use is band & plate it's like going back in time when you see one of their jobs !!
We use quite a lot of B&P to tie in .....

lots of firms in brighton and dover use these readylocks and bp , but most these guys were all ex sgb
aint used a podger for years

I still have a few, use them for toe boards on stair tower platforms, no need for a dead man.

they also did one on sgb with a square bottom if you used 2 together on a beam with a metal wedge behind them there not going anywhere when you could use them for toeboards they were the bussness one fitting i wouldnt trust for a support is the flattie fitting that slipped under the beam not the sk but the other beam clamp not sure what there called ive seen beams hanging off them on some jobs but my self wouldnt trust them there too olde and the steel looks poor!!!!

we use band and plate for tieing in a lot used dhs 6 years ago on a hanger where steel was to thick for sks they soo got scraped now we use 4 swivels attached to a 12'' butt sat on to flange there the nuts

Hi Collo

Assume you mean this fitting as a DH. Sort of band and plate single, girder coupler as per picture.

I agree with the others that this fitting was withdrawn and banned as it could not be guaranteed on the slip load.

I know it was used as a girder coupler sometimes, but problem was the screw could work loose especially under vibrations.

Would be surprised if you could find them. Band and plates are hard to get nowadays.

All the best

Chris Eng

I know a firm in Scotland uses these fittings dead heads they call them,but only used sparingly for tying into railings and the like.not used for any loadbearing jobs.Wouldnt fancy using them as beam clamps though.

Top Bottom