PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions and Feedback

SF Admin
27th August 2009, 12:12 PM
As the Scaffolders Forum is brand new, we are currently looking for ways to improve the users experience.

The best way that we can do this, is by getting honest feedback from the people who are using the forum the most (YOU!).

Please feel free to post in this section any ways that we can improve the forum and make it better for ever member.

K1ng B1lly
16th February 2010, 08:33 PM
i think its great that a forum like this is up and running, this site has helped me alot with scaffolding career, and i would recomend this site to any fellow scaff or trainee that i know. it would definetly benifit them.
have you ever thought about getting T-shirts or bumper stickers made,
it would be a great idea to get the word out there.

well thanx again

Lloyd

Scaffymate
16th February 2010, 08:42 PM
Seems a good format....Maybe a competition needed?

scaff319
16th February 2010, 09:48 PM
great site
gaz

SF Admin
17th February 2010, 09:02 AM
i think its great that a forum like this is up and running, this site has helped me alot with scaffolding career, and i would recomend this site to any fellow scaff or trainee that i know. it would definetly benifit them.
have you ever thought about getting T-shirts or bumper stickers made,
it would be a great idea to get the word out there.

well thanx again

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd

Thank you for your comments.

Yes, we have thought of many different promotional methods and we hope to roll out a number of them during the next year.

Regards

SF Admin

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 AM ----------

Seems a good format....Maybe a competition needed?

Hi Scaffymate

We ran a competition a couple of months ago. 1 user won a scaffolding tool belt set from BuyBrandTools.Com for his contribution to the forum and all the members at the time were entered into a prize draw for £100 cash.

Hopefully there will be more competitions on the way in the near future.

Regards SF Admin

grim72
24th February 2010, 11:29 AM
Do you guys have a group on LinkedIn? I imagine this would be a quick and easy way to get your membership levels up with no expense incurred. I use the site a lot and a member of numerous construction based groups. Just a thought anyway.

SF Admin
24th February 2010, 11:42 AM
Do you guys have a group on LinkedIn? I imagine this would be a quick and easy way to get your membership levels up with no expense incurred. I use the site a lot and a member of numerous construction based groups. Just a thought anyway.

Thanks, I will take a look into it!

grim72
24th February 2010, 11:51 AM
Although I am no expert, I have done a lot of work/reading about SEO whilst trying to raise the profile of our Good to Go Safety brand. As you can see from my signature I have added Good to Go Safety links with Twitter, YouTube, blogger and Facebook (though I'm not actively promoting this yet). All of these are free to do and we've seen good response as a result. I do think a LinkedIn group would see your biggest return.

A good site to visit for free advice and information about your site is hubspot (http://www.hubspot.com/marketing-resources/)which is where I got 99% of my knowledge from. Social media seems to be the big thing at the moment so is well worth looking into if you haven't already done so.

Apologies if you are already doing all this and Im teaching you how to suck eggs.

The Heid
26th February 2010, 05:58 PM
Think its a gr8 site Admin,

Was wondering if there is a seperate forum thread on the main page where anyone with any new products or inovative ideas can post/plug them to the public with any reviews linked to them, that kind of idea??

just a thought as there seem to be quite a lot.

Garry Adams
27th February 2010, 01:48 PM
Heid

Great idea :idea: regarding a place where the Scaffs can discuss new products and innovations---there are a lot of our Scaffs that have ideas that they may like to introduce or ask for feed back---do you want to start a new Group ?--- i.e. " Horizon Scanning and Research and Development Group " ???

The Heid
27th February 2010, 02:09 PM
Garry

Just seem to be loads of guys with some good ideas but there all spread about in different threads,

Was liking the one you and orac were discussing on the the ties, some sort of tamper proofing but you know what some folk are like especially when they are on a price, they'd probably end up sawing it off or something.

Good for covering yourself with tho as that seems to be what everybody else is doing.

Garry Adams
27th February 2010, 02:19 PM
Heid

aye, it would be good if you could start a new Group, we could start of with the Tie Taging and Tri Bolt !---what do you think ???

The Heid
27th February 2010, 02:28 PM
Garry

Think thats a good idea m8, i'll get onto it but think i might need a bit of help from admin to help set it up.

Garry Adams
27th February 2010, 02:41 PM
Heid

Aye, I think a New Group would be well received by the Scaffs---a lot of non-Scaffs think that we are Crazy :nuts: and they may be correct, HOWEVER, we are not stupid and are quite capable of contributing to the enhancement of our Industry---aye, let's get a New Group established...
SF Admin, can you advise the Heid ???

The Heid
27th February 2010, 02:51 PM
Garry

With your help I have just attemted it m8, have a look on the social groups and let us ken if it looks ok.... I really liked the title m8!

Garry Adams
27th February 2010, 02:52 PM
Heid

Iv just noticed your Horizon Scanning and Research and Development New Group :idea:---well done M8---Im away to join---

The Heid
27th February 2010, 02:58 PM
That was a catchy title m8:D

Garry Adams
27th February 2010, 03:18 PM
Heid

That was a catchie Pic LOLoooo---to follow on from this thread Iv just Posted a thread on Unauthorized Removal of Ties on the New Group---any comments thankfully received and faithfully applied...

The Heid
27th February 2010, 03:23 PM
Think you've maybe opened a can of worms there!

Garry Adams
27th February 2010, 03:33 PM
Heid

Aye, this is an area where the Scaffs can contribute, it is a big OH&S Issue, to my knowledge it has never been addressed by the Policy and Desission makers---lets see what the Scaffs can do :cool:

The Heid
27th February 2010, 04:07 PM
One thing we dont do is sit around scratching our arse... This was said in a different post....

---fae,s like us Scaffs, damn few---Scaffs Rule :nuts:

You might recognize it! :D

HatterScaff
16th June 2010, 06:43 PM
What about a "I Like This" button rather than or in addition to the THANKS

SF Admin
17th June 2010, 09:18 AM
What about a "I Like This" button rather than or in addition to the THANKS

Hi HatterScaff

Thanks for your suggestion!

This is pretty much what the thanks button is for.

These kind of features are designed by programmers / coders so I add what ever is available. If something like this appears for vbulletin I will make sure it is added.

Regards

SF Admin

paul
2nd July 2010, 04:20 AM
Just a quick question were on this forum can you view all the photos posted in the pictures and album section as when i go to look all i can find is the most recent ones . Cheers Paul .

SF Admin
2nd July 2010, 09:26 AM
Just a quick question were on this forum can you view all the photos posted in the pictures and album section as when i go to look all i can find is the most recent ones . Cheers Paul .

Hi Paul this one has come a few times. At the moment there is no obvious way to do this, apart from going into a members profile page and seeing whether they have posted any pictures or not.

It was for this reason that we started the photos thread and began to encourage members to put there photos in here - Scaffolding Pictures and Videos - Scaffolders Forum | Scaffold Tools | Scaffolding Jobs and Courses (http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/scaffolding-pictures-videos/)

I will have a look into it and I will see what I can do!

Best Regards

SF Admin

SF Admin
6th July 2010, 03:41 PM

Hi Paul

I have now added the functionality that you required. If you click "all albums" in the blue navigation bar at the top of each page, you will now be presented with every album that has been uploaded to the Scaffolders Forum!

Best Regards

SF Admin

HatterScaff
6th July 2010, 03:59 PM
This may be already active,
But would it be possible to make access to the "Scaffolding Designers and Scaffolding Estimators" Section, available only to registered members

as we are sometimes providing and sharing sensitive information

scaffy
6th July 2010, 05:46 PM
i second that request

SF Admin
7th July 2010, 01:53 AM
This may be already active,
But would it be possible to make access to the "Scaffolding Designers and Scaffolding Estimators" Section, available only to registered members

as we are sometimes providing and sharing sensitive information

i second that request

If Tubular Techniques are happy with this then I will sort it out!

dico
7th July 2010, 07:04 PM
this forum spot on admin dont you sleep or are you a computor lol.

scaffy
7th July 2010, 08:27 PM
yeh as mentioned prices techniques ect are being discussed

SF Admin
7th July 2010, 11:12 PM
this forum spot on admin dont you sleep or are you a computor lol.

I need my sleep trust me!

grim72
9th July 2010, 08:39 AM
I can't believe I am going to ask this, I feel ashamed and sad at doing so. I work in an office and anyone can be walking by at any time. It is a bit of a nervous moment if I'm scrolling down to find a naked woman tied to some scaffolding on the screen. Much as I enjoy looking at them in private (phnaar, phnaar) it does make me a bit wary about logging on to see what the latest news/comments are. Any chance of taking them off the site or sticking them somewher you cant see them unless you actually click in to see them?

There, I said it, I asked for pictures of naked women to be removed. May I burn in hell :embarrest: