Useful Piece of Kit ? (1 Viewer)

Podger

Reaction score
Was building a job off pipe work today and a light bulb moment !!! What a useful piece of kit a jordan clamp with a gravlock type fixing woulld be or is there somthing similar all ready out there ?

Was building a job off pipe work today and a light bulb moment !!! What a useful piece of kit a jordan clamp with a gravlock type fixing woulld be or is there somthing similar all ready out there ?
When we worked for Powerchem I remember SGB had some special clamps made that went around circular sections of steel supports, the jaws were coated in rubber to stop them slipping,they had double attachments and swivel attachments and I seem to remember ones with a foot long section of I section girder attached. I never used them but can remember a big crate of them stacked in the yard at Stoke and thinking "heavy but usefull" a similar sort of thing Podger, these things were about 500mm in diameter so quite big, rig supports do you think ?

take it powerchem was an sgb division dangeruss , sounds interesting any pics

Russ you are describing is some sort of friction clamp , I think . What I had in mind was a harness fixing point basically a girder clamp with a eye instead of a half back double.

I apologize for the confusion caused by the the wording of my original post the phrase building off a pipe meant standing on a pipe to fix the job as opposed to the actual pipe supporting the job .

The job in question was a cantilever off a gantry and we were standing on the pipe to fix the needles on the underside, we were having trouble threading the nylon strops we are issued with through the grating and around the steel to get an anchor point . Thanks for taking the time out to post a reply any how .

If you search friction clamps Gerry Adams has posted some interesting pics on a thread somewhere ,

Last edited:
Oh now I see podger, there's a firm near us called Unusual rigging they have all sorts of wonderful tieing off devices, they are also a rope access firm, bet they already have something like that, try looking on the I.R.A.T.A see what they use

Top Bottom