Scaffs won't be on site today (1 Viewer)

HatterScaff

Reaction score
:confused:Scaffs won't be on site today:laugh:

Now we are in the brown stuff, Can't cover all the sites tommorow, but what the feck to do I tell em??

Lets hear your best excuses, for letting down the site manager gently!!!!!

Just the usual,when the phone rings and you are greeted by a irate site agent,the old faithful~there on the way,will have to surfice,then spend tomorrow thinking how to justify the excuses the day before, the snowball is rolling!lol..Good luck mate.:D

:confused:Scaffs won't be on site today:laugh:

Now we are in the brown stuff, Can't cover all the sites tommorow, but what the feck to do I tell em??

Lets hear your best excuses, for letting down the site manager gently!!!!!
We had a manager at Palmers who would type out a big letter explaining to the site agent that there would be no scaffs on site the next day. He would then send a blank piece of paper to the site agent via a fax, and the fax machine would spit out a reciept showing a fax had been sent with the time and date on it.

The next day the irate agent would ring up usualy between 8.30 and 9.00am and our Palmers manager would tell him "I sent you a fax yesterday telling you there were no men today mate" the site agent would say "no you didn't" our man would then fax over the letter with the reciept within seconds so it looked like he couldn't have written it out that quickly.

Sneaky Bast*$d ,it worked like a charm every time until the new faxes came out which printed part of the message on the reciept.

The dog died.:D:D I prefer the honest approach and go to biggest and best customers first or the ones that pay the bills on time, that should thin the list out a bit.

A couple of saturday's ago the boy's grafted their tits off to try and pull me out of it to get a job done for Monday. Worked on till 7pm to get it done, two and a half weeks later there is still not a **** on the job, boy's were not best pleased but atleast my promise was delivered.

truck broke down , death , flat tyre , car crash , training course - list is endless , like the fax trick tho

"Now we are in the brown stuff, Can't cover all the sites tommorow, but what the feck to do I tell em??"

Dont you keep half a dozen (scaffs) hung up on nails in the canteen :D just for these occasions

I used to ring the site manager as early in the morning as possible and explain that men would not be onsite first thing,make up an excuse,and say I was trying to get men to him asap,trying to reshuffle the script ect.You may get an earbashing but you are not worried all morning waiting for him to ring you.Try and think of a time when you did him a favour extra men,rush job ect and metion this to him when he is having a go at you

Onward and Upward

We had a manager at Palmers who would type out a big letter explaining to the site agent that there would be no scaffs on site the next day. He would then send a blank piece of paper to the site agent via a fax, and the fax machine would spit out a reciept showing a fax had been sent with the time and date on it.

The next day the irate agent would ring up usualy between 8.30 and 9.00am and our Palmers manager would tell him "I sent you a fax yesterday telling you there were no men today mate" the site agent would say "no you didn't" our man would then fax over the letter with the reciept within seconds so it looked like he couldn't have written it out that quickly.

Sneaky Bast*$d ,it worked like a charm every time until the new faxes came out which printed part of the message on the reciept.

clever stuff , what is it they 'up there for thinking and down there for dancing'

Dave Ja vu - my sentiments exactley , gettin a bit of that today already

Top Bottom