Be honest (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
Have met a fair few supervisors in my time and most of them would go missing sometimes in the day so come on supervisors where do you go ?

We used to have a snidey supervisor who used to park up and check up on you using his binoculars. :mad:

When I was a supervisor for Palmers we had 2 lads that did no work all day so I was sent to check up on them, at 10.00am off they went to the lorry ,had theit t break for 1/2 an hour then played a whole game of chess until about 12.15am I just sat there watching them , I couldn't believe it, when I pulled them both up we had a massive row and they accused me of spying on them and breaching their human rights ! they were even going to have a word with their union rep about me. We named them Casperoff and fisher from then on.

scaffolders playing chess ?? u sure that wernt draughts ?? or orthello ?

scaffolders playing chess ?? u sure that wernt draughts ?? or orthello ?
No it was chess alright, they trained themselves to play the longest game they could, these were clever scaffs, knew all about the human rights bill, no spelling mistakes on their tattoos !

everyone loves a millitant - not , yeh got 2 like that on here , lunch breaks and teabreaks to the minuted precisely timed , add all the extra minutes into hours and book it

Nothing I didn't do myself when trying to dodge the gaffer. Now I'm the gaffer when I slope off it's usually to measure, price, hand-over, meet client, inspect job, write invoice's, sort bills, deal with suppliers, stock control, vehicle service, mot,tax,insurance, breakdown, watch count down or play golf. :D The list goes on but I got bored.:laugh:

they must be working on that isg mate he as time on his hands or arse lol

Aom

How many men can a supervisor supervise before another supervisor has to be employed

Paul,

Not sure if there is a difinitive answer to that one, depends on too many different factors. The problem with tiny set ups like mine is you have to be all things to all people, I'm not claiming to be running about like a dafty but the role is certainly varied. Today's target is plonk the backside down in front of the computer and try and work out how to operate the new cads smart scaffolder thingy that we have on trial.(thanks for the tip scaffy) Tomorrow will be back twirling the spanner hoping to get all the graft done so I don't have to beg the boy's to do another Saturday.:D

Paul,

Not sure if there is a difinitive answer to that one, depends on too many different factors. The problem with tiny set ups like mine is you have to be all things to all people, I'm not claiming to be running about like a dafty but the role is certainly varied. Today's target is plonk the backside down in front of the computer and try and work out how to operate the new cads smart scaffolder thingy that we have on trial.(thanks for the tip scaffy) Tomorrow will be back twirling the spanner hoping to get all the graft done so I don't have to beg the boy's to do another Saturday.:D
I've got that aom, don't rush into buying it , ask James Day if you can have a trial on his as well, CASE does a lot more for the money, CADS looks flash but aint all that. If you need a hand with cads don't be shy.

I've got that aom, don't rush into buying it , ask James Day if you can have a trial on his as well, CASE does a lot more for the money, CADS looks flash but aint all that. If you need a hand with cads don't be shy.

Ive personally not gone much into cads but from I have seen I prefer case.
My boss uses both and he says the same.
I think theres an update coming very soon that will add in the tg20 checks and drawings for case as it does on cads. Im sure Gary Day will confirm this if he reads this.

Dangeruss,

Thanks for the tip, I will require as much help as you are willing to give. I have seen a couple of mentions now regarding the dislike of cads but to be honest it looked like the kind of thing I could get my head around without getting a degree in nuclear physics. Is your cads now confined to the trash or have you persivered with it. I have estimate it with the tg20 checker and model it which now includes cup - lock which was another reason for trialling it as I reckon we are about 50%t&f and 50% cup-lock.

Dangeruss,

Thanks for the tip, I will require as much help as you are willing to give. I have seen a couple of mentions now regarding the dislike of cads but to be honest it looked like the kind of thing I could get my head around without getting a degree in nuclear physics. Is your cads now confined to the trash or have you persivered with it. I have estimate it with the tg20 checker and model it which now includes cup - lock which was another reason for trialling it as I reckon we are about 50%t&f and 50% cup-lock.
Your Joking aom it cost £3000 so I have to make it work, we have the tg20 checker, but check the map when you enter the post code to make sure its right (you can drag and drop the marker to the right location).The rates it comes supplied with need changing to suit your own requirements as do the hire rates. If you get stuck pm me ill try to talk you round it, it looks quite good but I used case for years and thats a lot better , cads is limited and I have told them and they haven't responded , what does that tell you.

Top Bottom