Mist course (1 Viewer)

Hi sean i think that is the going rate i priced the same course in cork rep of ireland and they said 450 euros ive then been reading online that this course is only for newbies to the offshore industry do you no if this is correct thanks lee

Hello lee,
I think everyone has gotta do it but if your already workin for offshore company then they will put you through it.
Otherwise newbies need it to stand a chance of gettin offshore

sean

yeah 355 seems about right i paid about that at fleetwood survival centre

if you have a vantage card for offshore mate you can do it online for £70 bucks just done it yesterday took me ages on one daft bit to pass it but you cant fail it will just keep askin over and over the bits you get wrong till you pass it just anouther money scam but you need it now for offshore

Rigscaff,i lost my vantage card earlier this month,any contact numbers i could ring to get my no back would be appriciated,cheers..

i think you will have to go into the heli port at dyce and they will make up a new one for you you need your photo taken with it but im sure they will have you on the comp mate dont know any numbers

your vantage card number stays with you .you only get a new card not a new number.i would just try and ring the last heli port you went with they may be able to help. or ring your hr dept at your last offshore employer.

I just found out from ma mate who just went and booked his RGIT for the first time that at the same time as booking it ask them about doing the MIST course and you will get it thrown in for an extra 20 bucks outherwise like ma nephew who booked his MIST after his RGIT 420 big ones SHOCKING :eek: so ask if your doing your offshore for the first time or you will just get robbed

its been said on here before the whole mist thing is just another money making machine for people like atlas and other training firms.Give it a few years and something else will turn up that every man and his dog has to have before you can go to work..I paid for mine myself but have stuck the reciept into cape and am just wiating for the payment to come in my wages.but wont be holding my breath...

There is no doubt its a money making excercise , just ask yourself did you feel any safer after doing it , I didn`t feel any more safer . You are also correct about waiting for the next bit of nonesence to come out . Mist my ar#e .

im going for the mist at the end of august, £375 fleetwood.
does anyone know how easy it is to pass
cheers

It will keep asking you the ones you got wrong till YOU PASS IT nae bother 375 tho do you not have a vantage card for offshore mate

hey rigscaff
Na not been offshore yet mate (no vantage card) been trying all year to get a chance to go off to get a vantage number so i can do it online but im too late RBG are now saying ("when u get the mist") its my own fault should off done it sooner so here i go back to fleetwood..
the course is expensive dont you think?
if anyone knows a good B&B or pub to stay in let us know:blink1:

i would stop holding your breath mate as you will die before those useless w****s sort you out, i should know. As you are well aware lol buddy

so let me get this right im guna book my offshore in a couple of week when i get bk of my holiday for the first time will i get my mist cheaper then
i have rig exsperence worked on the leiv ericsson in gran canariae for mcdonalds scaffolding but dident need my offshore as it was docked

Yes mate book it when you are paying for your BOSIET,and it will be a lot cheaper..

pish min ats fit i say

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

if you have a vantage card nnnnnnnnnnnn if you dont then when you book your RGIT then ask about it at the same time in failing that mate i dont know i know if you book for your RGIT at the same time ASK ABOUT MIST and they will pap it it on wi the course AAAAAAVVVVVVVVVVVVIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Top Bottom