wrong job (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
How many of you have gone to a job with a address given to you by the supervisor to find out when you have put the last double on the last guardrail to find it was on the wrong building or wrong street or gone to a job to strip and stripped it to get a phone call to say leave that one as they are not finished with it , well i have and its a piss take

happens at least once a week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

happens at least once a week !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I got sent to the Barclays bank ,high st Maidenhead, when we got there the Barclays bank wasn't there.It was then we realised the job sheet actualy said Maidstone, simple 100m out type error.The lorry was at the right job which didn't make us look any better.

least was just down the road , what you doing in my manor mate ??? Taking food out my babies mouths ??

least was just down the road , what you doing in my manor mate ??? Taking food out my babies mouths ??
They needed a decent firm mate , tricky street job, no pudlog holes in the building.

How many of you have gone to a job with a address given to you by the supervisor to find out when you have put the last double on the last guardrail to find it was on the wrong building or wrong street or gone to a job to strip and stripped it to get a phone call to say leave that one as they are not finished with it , well i have and its a piss take

We had a multi railway station refurb, Sent the lads down the line 1 station to strike, gets a phone call from the Agent saying hes struck our scaff as the lads didnt show, when I called them for a bolakin, they said they did strike, but it was strange that a train passed considering the power was off???, Feckers only went up the line to the wrong station, Lucky bustards, including me!!!:eek:

that was a close one then pal - network rail would have **** the bed on that

My old firm had a contract with a local council to scaffold four in a block houses , was sent to strike a semi and was taking the last standard out when one of the lads pointed out there was no roughcast on the walls , should have been number 116 , this was 16 , it was a dark winter morning but still felt like a right tit , especially putting it back up.

what excuse did you use fa that fook up

Worked on a firm, one of the blokes surname was House. He was called Bingo until one day he scaffolded the front of one terraced house, went around the alley and did the back of next door. Known as Wronghouse after that.

A mate of mine argued for at least half an hour with the owner of the house that he put the scaffold up on truly believing that he was in the right and they were in the wrong. There were a few red faces when the guy 2 doors down came out to say that he was having scaffold up to on that day.

IDIOT !!!!

Pulled up to BAE Bristol years ago for a firm called BIS scaffolding on a sunday about 4pm to find two towers on the same building but at different ends one was 13' six lifts and the other 13' 10 lifts up to roof level but had no idea which one to strip so i rang the boss to find out he had turnt his phone off so scaffolders being scaffolders we came to the conclusion that it had to be the six lifter as it was late and it was a sunday and have had the misses on the phone giving me ear ache as she is waiting for me to take her to her mums , so we knocked down the six lifter but just as we got down to the bass lift the boss had turnt (in his golf clothes , looked a right doughnut) and could not believe what we had done as another gang had erected the tower earlier that morning ,but insisted that the tower had to go back up as the painter was due in the morning so needless to say i was late getting home and yes the misses was well pissed at me and yes if we had had a dog my dinner would have been in it and no i did not get any that night

Ha in the dog house then mate ! , had similar last saturday

I used to work with a supervisor who had sent a couple of lads out to put a scaffold round a chimney. He'd pointed out the chimney that wanted scaffolding and the lads set to work upon completion the supervisor came out told the lads he'd got the wrong chimney it was the one next to it.Again upon completion the now embarassed supervisor came back and had to explain to the scaffolders they had the right chimney in the first place. How he didn't get a shoein I don't know.

True story

I used to work with a supervisor who had sent a couple of lads out to put a scaffold round a chimney. He'd pointed out the chimney that wanted scaffolding and the lads set to work upon completion the supervisor came out told the lads he'd got the wrong chimney it was the one next to it.Again upon completion the now embarassed supervisor came back and had to explain to the scaffolders they had the right chimney in the first place. How he didn't get a shoein I don't know.

True story
Ian , did you ask Rick about the twister yet ?

I've not seen him yet mate, I was meant to meet him up at Lindsey oil Refinery tomorrow but thats now cancelled because of yesterdays incident . Should see him on Tuesday though.

hiya lads,was working in bannockburn and a supervisor(wont mention his name)with sgb and told us to head for bannockburn n take the first left,when you see a white horse in the field n sure enough the job was 100 yrds pass it!. but like most jobs,supervisors say what part of the city they are in but NOT what street it is!. sometimes think that they dont have brains lol

Top Bottom