Roping Tin Sheets (1 Viewer)

Super_scaff

Reaction score
What is the best and safest way to pull tins up ie. tie them off ?

we usually use a hook on the end of the rope.

excluding cranes :D

dont use tins mate - use shrinkwrap

What is the best and safest way to pull tins up ie. tie them off ?

we usually use a hook on the end of the rope.

excluding cranes :D
We used to tie a Gravlock to the rope on a little butt and pich the gravlock up on the sheets, not really a good idea in this day and age.

the way we used to do it years ago when we could not get a hook or the tins had no holes in we used to tie the tins the way you tie a parcel , i aint saying its the best way but its better that chaining up tins which i have done a few times where the tins are not going to high but seriously tin sheets are so yesterday

last tin roof we did was 8 lifts up so got 8 blokes chaining up 300 tins , took a day , everyone had cuts but we deemed it to be the safest method

last tin roof we did was 8 lifts up so got 8 blokes chaining up 300 tins , took a day , everyone had cuts but we deemed it to be the safest method
8 blokes for a day Scaffy, a small crane would have been cheaper , unless you were restricted for space that is.

mate where can you get 50 ton crane for 240 quid , job was on hastings seafront and wouldnt have got a closure
Town full of junkies and street drinkers that will work for 30 a day and 3 litres of white lightening xx

mate where can you get 50 ton crane for 240 quid , job was on hastings seafront and wouldnt have got a closure
Town full of junkies and street drinkers that will work for 30 a day and 3 litres of white lightening xx
Should have given them Redbull mate they could have flown the sheets up for you ha ha .I see we are both bored again then ?

everyone workin away today and pub not open , so bored bruv

I've always used the 2 butts with hooks welded onto them. Tried 3 sheets at a time but they get stuck pulling them out on the scaffold, so i only have 2 at a time

why aint you at work ??? sounds like a good invention , best not mention pulleys mate or this thread will fill up with hatefull posts from ya fan club haha

I always used to thread the tail of the rope through a B+P band. (Need the single hole bands) I would then wrap the rope around the shets 2/3rds of the way up, loop it over in the centre and then down the bottom the band would stick in the underside of the sheets.It works a treat & safe as fcuk - I've seen some lads use the old roofing 'J' Bolts, but not these days.

like that inovation , sounds the best suggestion

Buy yourself a small van ratchet strap. Tie the hook end to the bottom of the rope to hook at the bottom of the sheet. For an 8 ft sheet feed the strap through the rope at 6.5ft up the rope so that the ratchet can be used to tighten round the sheets.

Developed this when doing roofs by the coast three handed (Strong Winds etc). Can pull up between 4-6 sheets in one go. Never comes out!!

Should develop a design & sell it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragscaff

Buy yourself a small van ratchet strap. Tie the hook end to the bottom of the rope to hook at the bottom of the sheet. For an 8 ft sheet feed the strap through the rope at 6.5ft up the rope so that the ratchet can be used to tighten round the sheets.

Developed this when doing roofs by the coast three handed (Strong Winds etc). Can pull up between 4-6 sheets in one go. Never comes out!!

Should develop a design & sell it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ragscaff
Wouldn't bother Ragscaff, they are going to change the law regarding temporary roofs i.e. no more climbing on them to fix sheets, they will have to be built from the gables and the completed sections pushed out, thats probably why they don't actualy fix the tin sheets on the advanced course , or is it ?

I remember doing them with J bolts and trying to push them in from the beams below, that was safe ...............not.

why aint you at work ??? sounds like a good invention , best not mention pulleys mate or this thread will fill up with hatefull posts from ya fan club haha

I posted my last post whilst having a dump at dinnertime on my mobile. sad i know but i got nothing better to do whilst having a dump lol.

Shrink wrap

With the shrink wrap do you have to pearl the roof as you would normally how do they access the shrink wrap to shrink it.

Top Bottom