Not as easy as it looks (1 Viewer)

dangeruss

Reaction score
I agreed to do a shift on the tools today as one of our lads is on holiday and the other lads needed a forth man.The job is 9 lifts high in the centre of Cambridge all lifts boarded on the pavement,we had to chain up 100 boards and 50 long as well as about 30 13 ft tubes, I then went on the rope and wheel and sent up the fittings. On the site where we are you have to wear glasses as well as the rest of the kit including trousers and t shirts so you are wearing a lot of kit ,its the construction companys policy.

By 10.00 I thought I was gonna die, I have never been so hot or sweated so much in my life, to make matters worse you have never seen so many women wearing the skimpiest gear in your life, we are not even allowed to glance at them let alone pass comments as you do.

To all scaffs out there who do this everyday, I take my hat off to you (well I would if they'd let me) when i was on the tools I never liked hot weather as your stuck with it, at least when its cold you can work and get warm. Well done to you all, when you sit in an office all day you forget how hard it actualy is in the real world.

Thought it needed saying.:cool:

Best way round the ladies thing is tell the site agent the noise is too much on site so you adopt a wistle comunication. Two for doubles one for clips etc.

You have the correct index for this because you use hand signals for the gear!! :D

White overalls with nothing underneath is good in this weather;)

Ragscaff

good suggestion - sure been hot today

bet it was nice chaining up a load of gear after not doing it for years! lol
i have been at war with a rake of apollo deep beams all day :mad:
Doesn't hurt to keep your hand in, can't moan at the lads if you can't do it yourself.

never ask anyone something you cant do ya self was what i was taught

What have you done Today?

I would love to see all the overweight management we've got have a go for the day , I reckon it would be heart attacks all round

Last edited:
yo decromax - im overweight management too bud - be sensitive
big hammer big nail

i hear you got little spanner which fits little NUTS , scaffy, haha big hammer , fook that try nail gun

The owner of the company i work for likes to come out to the job every now and again just to keep it real he says , but to be honest he is more of a hazard than anything else every time he stands up a 21 i just cringe but fair play to him for doing it

The owner of the company i work for likes to come out to the job every now and again just to keep it real he says , but to be honest he is more of a hazard than anything else every time he stands up a 21 i just cringe but fair play to him for doing it
I'm not that bad Paul I get out on the tools at least once a week if I can, when you work in the office you can choose your job which is the good thing about it.

Very true dangeruss - thats why you sit on this forum most the day like me when your bored

Very true dangeruss - thats why you sit on this forum most the day like me when your bored
Oh how very dare you Scaffy, I represent that ! this forum is an invaluable conduit to the outside world .

very true - good for a bit of banter

Top Bottom