Westminster scaffolding (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
Back in 1990,s i did a few years for Westminster scaffolding one of the biggest indepentley owned scaffold companies in the country does anyone remember them ?

Yep my estimator and quiet a few of my lads are ex westminster scaffold , they brought Atlas Scaffolding out down this end

Believe that QFS is run by ex westminster staff as the original Quick Fix Scaffold co was part of the group.

Arnall Structures which was part of Westminster - was re born as Gemini Riteway and i believe that Stort Scaffold is also ex westminster directors

When they had problems in 94 they was running gear into a dealer in essex to pay the wages and i was buying some of that stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Westminster Scaffold Group
Arnall / Digby / Quick Fix / Atlas / Westminster / JMD /Westken

Last edited:
Scaffy

I used to work with a scaffolder called Michael bone or Micky bone as he liked to be called under a contracts manager called Bill Kent . Ever heard of them ?

We are south coast mate , all these lads were ex atlas and i believe atlas was the last firm they brought out before going ka put , within 6 months westminster closed atlas down and started running it all from london , within a year most people had jacked in.

On another note westminster done a reverse takeover and became motionposter plc the people that done all the advertising on the underground. !

As some stage they was also involved with BB+EA

Scaffy

I used to work with a scaffolder called Michael bone or Micky bone as he liked to be called under a contracts manager called Bill Kent . Ever heard of them ?

I worked for Palmers out of the old Charlton depot a Supervisor called Phil Moore left to work for Wesminister think he was a pal of Bill Kent. Myself and a couple Palmers lads moved with him worked at Charing Cross station for them , Phil lost his job because of a driving ban and Mick Bone steped up to be Supervisor about 91ish I think ?

Not long after i left and returned home to the Toon worked at the AMEC yard at Wallsend came across a scaffolder named Paddy Carr anybody on here no what he's up to now !

Last edited:
yeh he is a top poster on here mate , surprised you have not come across him yet

Westminster are now in Dubai and Bahrain, worked for them 6 years ago, still owned by same directors, Kevin Clifford runs middle east ops. Micky Bone first came to work with me when he was a 16 year old student, he has relatives who used to own Inter City scaffolding, if you are in touch with him, send him my regards,

Bigbadbob, Batten

learn something new every day !
Gemini riteway are out there to aswell i believe

I also worked for Westminster briefly, it was a pretty decent firm.
If I remember correctly the owners made their money and ran - a bit like Tubular Access (anyone remember them?) Although I think Westminster had a big job collapse on the OXO tower in the late 80's/early 90's, so maybe that had something to do with it?

Yeh i remember tubular access from wimbledon , wernt the guy ex foreign legion or the like ?? Thought Trad brought them up (Trad Access)

I was still at school in 1990 ha , so dont recall a collapse , i can remember reading in the jackers journal that they was owed 5 million by wimpey for a job at news international

Yeh i remember tubular access from wimbledon , wernt the guy ex foreign legion or the like ?? Thought Trad brought them up (Trad Access)

I was still at school in 1990 ha , so dont recall a collapse , i can remember reading in the jackers journal that they was owed 5 million by wimpey for a job at news international

£5 million ??? That must have been some final account meeting!!!

Yeah I believe tubular access sold out to trads. They used to do some quality work. I'm sure someone somewhere is enjoying a nice retirement with the proceeds... And good luck to em too!

Last edited:
Austin Penn at Westminster

Hi All

I think Austin Penn worked at Westminster and then went to set up Stort Scaffolding when it went pop.

Quite a few from GKN Mills/ Kwikform went to Westminster for a period of time.

You never know what goes on inside these firms unless you are on the inside, and they wont tell ??

Interesting thread though.

Chris Eng

what about LEANE scaffolding what ever happend to them?

Was that a north london firm that was run by some mad scottish bloke and his even madder wife who used to tell all the scaffolders to feck off when they turned up at the yard to question their wages?

....Or am I talking *****?

Was that a north london firm that was run by some mad scottish bloke and his even madder wife who used to tell all the scaffolders to feck off when they turned up at the yard to question their wages?

....Or am I talking *****?[/QUOTE

Bill Leane ,legend lol, mad paddy firm big turn over of scaffs based at Sheperds Bush evolved into Chelsea Scaffolding

pearce leane its called these days , austin penn is stort , what bout ferguson keene and pylon other east london legends.
leane went to prison for phoenix scams in the 90s dont think anything to do with chelsea scaff
irish not scottish

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

£5 million ??? That must have been some final account meeting!!!

Yeah I believe tubular access sold out to trads. They used to do some quality work. I'm sure someone somewhere is enjoying a nice retirement with the proceeds... And good luck to em too!

thats what said on cnplus.com

i was at school - just remember the legends mate
universal , beam access , fk , pylon , leane , lancaster , abbey , phd , oss , formscaff , ryan those were the firms from the early 90s

i was at school - just remember the legends mate
universal , beam access , fk , pylon , leane , lancaster , abbey , phd , oss , formscaff , ryan those were the firms from the early 90s

....Dumas!

dumas also known as mact access from croydon

st pancras station

what bout arena

---------- Post added at 10:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

L&B Kenny L

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

and docklands scaff , what was the firm grey and red trucks commercial road just along from 600 building

[/COLOR]and docklands scaff , what was the firm grey and red trucks commercial road just along from 600 building[/QUOTE]

Bill Walsh, what a guy!!
I also remember when the owner of Docklands (can't remember his name) hanged himself at the bottom of his garden. Rumour has it he upset certain people in the scaffolding industry...I shall say no more.

Top Bottom