Antique or not (1 Viewer)

paul

Reaction score
When i worked in London for a few years i worked with this old boy on Westminster Scaffolding when it was still around anyway this old boy took me under his wing but when i left he gave me a 1970,s Big Ben spanner its got a thin handle with a ball end which the boxs goes through , i never used it as it was to good to use as i had proper respect for this scaffolder . Antiquie or not ?

Original big ben spanners are quiet desired i should imagine you would get a few quid back on it , id buy it

You got a pic of it? Be good to see it next to a new version.

must be nearly as old as you sabre

awe i,m hurt, lol, growing old gracefully.if you reach my age scaffy , you still wont be as good looking as me

f*** me mate im 14 years younger than you and got as many teeth missing as you

if you've got the flat one with the name halfway down the handle on each side thts argably the best spanner handle ever made machined copies don't even come close to these drp forged ones. if its the round handle with the name at the top near the ball you've still got a good spanner

flat handle worth keeping tho , priceless cant have been made for 40 year

Paul these where the best spanners you could get when the choice was priory or burton i also worked on Westminster scaffolding many years ago :nuts:

priory boxes used to be **** after a few weeks , burtons were good hammers with the handles

reffering to ray eckersley as who has the big bens mate

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

refering to ray eckersley mate with the big bens

set up an auction ,4 ya spanner you might be plesantly supprized .@ the responce

---------- Post added at 12:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 AM ----------

scaffy thats the reason i not got many teeth , crap spanners lol

theres me thinking it was lack of hygiene doh

Hi lads Im new to this.
have got 2 original Big ben flat handles and 2 round handles they were originally acrow prop handles. Big ben from East london made acrow props.
I found one while checking all the old acrows on a job on the Isle of dogs.
But getting new boxes are a nightmare.

Burton's were "the" spanner to have. Remember them Melco ones, softest box in the world! Remember also when I first started I had 2 double enders, one with the 1/2 inch box cut off & the other had 7/16 cut off. Black mans pinches all over my hands.
The old boy that ended up training me through them in a mixer and gave me a couple of Burton's, a podger, Kwikstage hammer and a bubble. Still got the hammer and podger to this day.

Top Bottom