Portfolio verifiers!! (1 Viewer)

Dave_Ja_Vu

Reaction score
Any others on here do portfolios for their men?
Whats your experience of the 'new' influx of portfolio verifiers?

From what Ive seen recently there is absolutely no consistency in what is accepted and what isnt. Its really starting to p1ss me off some of the crap they come out with.

Dave.

huh!!

hi dave i know what you mean i have been scaffolding 12 years and still no ticket all the photos i took where always wrong kit not stacked right boards out to far people not clipped on .....................

its not just pics that count try get in touch with the verifier n ask him or her wot they want think u will find method statements risk assesment job sheets n even hand over certs r taken into cosideration!! hope that helps!!!! its scaffolding for crying out loud were not makin swiss watches!!!! Ours is not to reason why ours is just to scaffold n die!!!

Last edited:
Just as a matter of intrest, who hires portfolio verifiers?

dave i have done a few of these for my lads they can be hard work to get right , all photos need to show clearly the candidates face with full ppe and harness clipped on (make sure you can see the hook) like richale says submit method statements risk assessments hand over certs i have even put in purchase orders from the contractors and tool box talk records with the candidates name on even a time sheet with that particular site on

good luck mate and dont let the b bastards grind you done

dave i have done a few of these for my lads they can be hard work to get right , all photos need to show clearly the candidates face with full ppe and harness clipped on (make sure you can see the hook) like richale says submit method statements risk assessments hand over certs i have even put in purchase orders from the contractors and tool box talk records with the candidates name on even a time sheet with that particular site on

good luck mate and dont let the b bastards grind you done

Scaff Tags are an acceptable form of work based evidence to .

I find them easy to do, done loads for our lads.
There is no consistency with the verifiers, one will pass one thing, one wont.

Also on a slightly different note. The requirements for NVQ through the different training providers is vast. We have used WCTS, Safety & Access and CITB.

WCTS is by far the easiest to complete, with very little evidence needed, mostly witness testimonies. Safety & Access, mostly paperwork based, not much evidence. CITB, total pain in the arse with photos and evidence but in my opinion how it should be done but in conjunction with a proper apprenticeship.

I could rant on about the verifiers for ages but not had much sleep and I think my head would explode.

I have been doing them for 10 years now , basically normal paperwork is good enough , timsheets, quotes, jobcards, photos and handovers are generally accepted.

Stopped doing it,lads just gave no evidence in end n expect it all doin for them.still have 3 advanced from 2008 not done yet,their loss,ad ave t pay m more,lol

Get like that a bit dont it.

I donr mind helping the ones that go to the effort to collect pics etc. We have 3 that just wont do anything for the portfolios. When their trainee cards run out, we wont/cant renew them so they will be sacked, end of.

Top Bottom