PDA

View Full Version : Hot working outside in blazing heat summer 2013 July

365drills
15th July 2013, 08:48 AM
Removed !

scaffy 1980
15th July 2013, 10:05 AM
Hope no one from hse looks at these pal. No harness, no handrail or boards and a sign on the wagon saying your part of the chas " construction health and saftey"..:amazed::amazed:

Havespannerwilltravel
15th July 2013, 01:15 PM
The HSE regularly look at this forum. I would remove them as they could be used as evidence in a prosecution for not following the WAH regs.

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER
15th July 2013, 02:20 PM
nice 1

but where's your PPE ???????????????????

365drills
15th July 2013, 02:24 PM
Removed !

(Note they dont work for me they were just tasked by our builders to scaff our house)

Dont want to land anyone in hot water. Perhaps delete the post

Havespannerwilltravel
15th July 2013, 03:28 PM
Probably just as well mate. The ones of the scaffold would be fine its just photos of people breaking the regs that the HSE would be interested in. Wouldn't want an innocent house owner being charged as an accessory!

frederik
15th July 2013, 03:36 PM
Missed the photo,doubt house owner would get prosecuted.

TEESSIDE SCAFFOLDER
15th July 2013, 03:37 PM
jUST that H&s gone mad today.

other than that looks a great job

365drills
15th July 2013, 03:44 PM
http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/hazellr/Scaffolding/scafd7.jpg

Here are some pics with NO PEOPLE in shot

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/hazellr/Scaffolding/scafd4.jpg

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/hazellr/Scaffolding/DSC_0111.jpg

I wont tell you were they ended up after the job (or what they were wearing) But I can assure you it wasnt PPE when they jumped in there.

In fact I dont even think you could call them regulation pants...

Havespannerwilltravel
15th July 2013, 03:46 PM
Nice pool you should be charging the neighbours in this weather!!

frederik
15th July 2013, 03:49 PM
Was this the job with the boundary issues?

Havespannerwilltravel
15th July 2013, 03:55 PM
Yes neighbour didn't want the scaffold on his side of the fence. Touch of the green eyed monster perhaps?

365drills
15th July 2013, 03:58 PM
Its the same property as in the Neighbour dispute yes.

(But only pics of scaffolding being posted here)

So yes the comment about asking the neighbours if they wanted to use the pool did make me chuckle.

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/hazellr/Scaffolding/scaf281.jpg

Am I allowed on scaffolding in my own garden and on my own property...
Me taking a look at the great job done.

We support...
http://www.getbritainbuilding.co.uk/assets/uploaded/images/22.jpg

frederik
15th July 2013, 04:15 PM
Dont let this lot scare you.Course you are. You could run a chute to that pond.

365drills
15th July 2013, 04:24 PM
Or zip wire...

http://i415.photobucket.com/albums/pp233/hazellr/Dsc06613.jpg

Dont let go son..

dico
15th July 2013, 05:10 PM
Missed the photo,doubt house owner would get prosecuted.

i missed the photo as well fred!!! lets be honnest how many scaffolders are going to turn up at someones house with harness ppe hard hat and boots and safety specks get a ruddy grip no wonder scaffolders are not posting or comeing on the forum some times this forum goes a little bit squeekee clean save your ppe for the jobs that warrent or need it not some poor blokes house :cool:

frederik
15th July 2013, 05:15 PM
Dico I swear theres scaffs up all round here that need a good looking at. Some so bad ive wanted to jump up and do alterations. H&s local councils .. my erse

philliosmaximus
15th July 2013, 06:54 PM
Had an argument with a site manager the other day because one of me lads had a capped tee shirt ( the short sleeved ones ) he wanted me to send him home because his tee shirt was to short , i told him i would take all the lads and fuc k the brickies waiting for another lift , his answer was well i will let it go for today then.:amazed:

scaffy 1980
15th July 2013, 07:03 PM
We get it all the time phil. Not alowd to wear anything shorter than a t-shirt.. ive said on many sites that they should have a disclaimer we can sign.. if we wear shorts or vests and get sun burt or get cuts and nicks then nothing can go back to the principal contractor...i would sign it every time...just an idea

HatterScaff
15th July 2013, 07:23 PM
30 brickies walked off site today after the agent told them to put a shirt on under their HiViz
did have a little sympathy with them in this heat
oh well they can cancel the slab next week lol

philliosmaximus
15th July 2013, 07:51 PM
Its hard enough working in the heat without some bell end on your case all day , some of these managers just seem to want to make your life impossible all the time , same with them poxy fu cking glasses , they just steam up and drive you mad , they definitely should only be task specific and not compulsory.

scaffy 1980
15th July 2013, 08:22 PM
You'll find as well phil half these so called managers have come straight out of the classroom with no actual experience on site.. the stick to a rule book and the wonder why every fuucker wants to rip their head off...

TomP
15th July 2013, 08:40 PM
Problem really relates to above the managers, it's the company policy and the guys that write it.

The managers are really just making sure that everybody else adheres to what the policy is so they don't get their arses chewed from above.

joebag
15th July 2013, 09:47 PM
few more years in recession and these middle management parasites wont be able to dream up anymore bxllsh1t to justify their own existence ! :mad:

frederik
15th July 2013, 10:08 PM
30 brickies walked off site today after the agent told them to put a shirt on under their HiViz
did have a little sympathy with them in this heat
oh well they can cancel the slab next week lol

Fair play,at least they all stuck together. Wont be long before every trade says enuffs enuff. common sense has got up and gone.

scaffy 1980
15th July 2013, 10:14 PM
Your right there fred.. i used to enjoy coming to work in the sunshine..shorts on with just your vizzy. Now i dread it..trousers t-shirts and gloves....o and fecking glasses..

frederik
15th July 2013, 10:25 PM
Ive been site manager,h&s rules drive you up the wall. I agree with Joe and your earlier comments,new wave agents aint got a scooby

scaffy 1980
15th July 2013, 10:35 PM
Shiit. A scaffy as a site agent thats a first..:amazed:. Did you side with the lads fred...or were you a hitler...:nuts:

dico
17th July 2013, 09:07 PM
apparently on the radio today there trying to bring a law out that if your in a office and your workers are subject to 30 or over there to send there staff home or down!!!! yeah shame it dont reach the scaffolders on sight were just put up with soaring heat with all the ppe on let the poor office staff go home with there shirts and ties!!! bet if the law comes in there put aircon in lmfao!!!

scaffy 1980
17th July 2013, 09:24 PM
It was in the paper dico, anyobe working outside in temps over 27 should be sent home. Apparently thetes a discussion about it this week but they dont think they'll make it law....should have fuuck all to do with law its common sence man...when its raining we use a term....wet steel no deal.. should be the same when it gets hot.. its too hot ive got to trott..