design calculations (1 Viewer)

outward bound

Reaction score
Hi ,

i am trying to get my head around scaffold design ...

if you take the stress loading on 2 m length of tube in a standard from the bottom.

Will each section take the same amount or will the 1st 2 m lift at the base be under extra stress by the rest of the scaffold lifts above .

thanks with your help

Feck sake, I got a sore heid just trying to read the question.:D Good luck with that one, maybe better on the design thread.

The more lifts you put on the more stress. Hence when you get above a certain height you would double the standard up. Used to be 50 M.
Not sure what it is now but I would have thought most jobs would have a drawing now & this would be worked out along with what was being done off the scaffold.

Most scaffolds 5 lifts or more have all lifts working!! But you are only supposed to have one lift at 2kn loading & one at 0.75kn the rest should be access only!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never happens. This has been European law for a number of years:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ragscaff

sgb have done a bit on a tower block down here , 15 lifts high , stadards are doubled up to 6th lift ...... u mite know them as harsco now

why ditch the most famous name in our trade

Top Bottom