Good boots (1 Viewer)

The thing I've realised with boots is, you buy cheap you buy twice. You're on your feet most of the day so you gotta be comfy so if that means spending a few quid then that's how it should be. It's an essential part of your kit, you wouldn't buy an inferior spanner or level to save a few pennies (I hope !) would you ???! I'm a great believer in you get what you pay for.....

Most of the firms will issue you boots but it those they get. At £ 10 per pair.

Easy maths. How much you'd pay for good trainers or shoes X 3 = how much you should go up to for boots . You wear your boots 3 times longer. I'm a CAT or DOC MARTIN man myself. You really get what you pay for.

Every individual can claim back £ 120 a year from the taxman for tools and equipment. Every year .Weather on the books or self employed.

Cant beat a pair of cat or timbs

Most of the firms will issue you boots but it those they get. At £ 10 per pair.

Easy maths. How much you'd pay for good trainers or shoes X 3 = how much you should go up to for boots . You wear your boots 3 times longer. I'm a CAT or DOC MARTIN man myself. You really get what you pay for.

Every individual can claim back £ 120 a year from the taxman for tools and equipment. Every year .Weather on the books or self employed.

Even though Im PAYE I still do a self assesment every year, save myself about £500 a year on my tax. Everyone can do it, 100% legal.
First year I did it I back dated three years as well and got a nice rebate.

never heard of that before - have to look into that :)

Must have worn every make on the market you pay your money and make your choice.When I was flush a good pair of climbing boots fit the bill,when skint a pair of "Tuff boots"would have to do.I could go through 3 pairs in a year and always cleaned and put dubbin on at leased once a week,always had dry feet in the sh*t weather :toung:

Dave. . . How does this tax thing work ? Could do with a little boost

Hi,

I can either pass you onto an accountant that can set it up for you or if anyone wants to know how to sort out self assesment let me know.

Let me know the verdict Kev if you have any joy

Will PM you the guys phone number in a bit.

To be honest it really is so easy to do yourself. Just need to register for self assesment online, then fill out the online form with how much you earned as paye, then put in your expenses, hit the calculate button and hey presto, theres your tax.
This guy will set you straight though if your not sure.

Dave.

hi kev,

i expect you are sorted now, but if not and you still need some advice or help, we're happy to do that :)

40% of our client base are scaffolders, and we only work with tradesmen anyway, so we really do get the very best rebates for you.

Top Bottom