Extraordinary occurences (1 Viewer)

X

XxIANxX

I always remember getting woke up to scaffold tubes clanging outside my old house to see a scaffolder with 40 years behind him stood on the 2nd lift of a town house with his wife launching fittings upto him, not very often you see females on the job

Took my misses out a couple of times labouring - wernt to bad to be fair , there used to be a few female scaffolders down this end !
Im led to believe that theres still a lady that does a bit in hastings to (she owns the firm)

I always remember getting woke up to scaffold tubes clanging outside my old house to see a scaffolder with 40 years behind him stood on the 2nd lift of a town house with his wife launching fittings upto him, not very often you see females on the job

That guy needs to sort out his priorities, could she not of carried the gear up the ladder, whilst he had a cuppa and bacon butty, and finished reading the daily sport !!!!:love:

That guy needs to sort out his priorities, could she not of carried the gear up the ladder, whilst he had a cuppa and bacon butty, and finished reading the daily sport !!!!:love:

I knew the lad old aquantace from sheffield goes by the name of snecker, i only had his word that it was his wife , it definitely looked male to me :D

Might of been trudy from Nottingham,LOL thats a forum thing about PW our Secretary for 'Committee for Consultation Rights':laugh::D:laugh:

There was a lady working fro Deborahs at Glaxo on the tools in the early 90's but she went into the office after a while I think her name was Judy ,I remember this as all the Deborah lads called her "Punch" such was her beauty. In Hong Kong its all women doing the scaffolding.

My thinking excatly!!

I took my missus in one sunday morning on a little extension, what a laugh...
She wouldnt go up more than 4 rungs up the ladder....:bigsmile:

Never again.

Talking of extraordinary stuff Ian ,has Rick Stratham ever told you about the Whirlwind on the Palmers site in Leighton Buzzard wich destroyed 150ft of scaffolding but left the other 150ft of scaffold 30ft away untouched, If I hadn't of seen it I wouldn't have believed it, it lifted the whole lot ,150ft long x 6 boarded lifts with butresses + Kentledge off the plates and moved about 2ft away from the building.

Sabre - that the one mate haha

Dangeruss - when did that happen mate

Scaffy this is from the local news paper at the time.

Published Date: 24 September 2007
By Sarah Holmes

LEIGHTON and Linslade received a noisy awakening yesterday morning (Monday) when a tornado tore through the town.

Residents reported trees bent double, tiles blowing off roofs and flash flooding to roads in parts of the town as gusts of 50mph and torrential rain hit at around 7am.

Worst hit was The Wharf development in Linslade, where Redrow Homes are building on the old Brown's site.

Eyewitnesses watched helplessly as a massive section of scaffolding near to the canal was blown down in the tornado's path leaving the site resembling a war zone.

Bill Marshall, who lives in Mentmore Road, said: "I heard this 'whooshing' noise and jumped out of bed.

"At first I thought it was something involving our house, the noise lasted about 10 seconds and I realised it must be the scaffolding which is about 100 yards away.

"I looked out of the window and the scaffolding was down – then suddenly the wind was gone."

A spokesperson for the Met Office said: "There were very strong winds in the area and we had a number of reports.

"The weather conditions at the time – squally winds, gusts up to 50mph and heavy rain were conducive to tornadoes forming."

Many parts of the UK, including others in Bedfordshire, were also hit. In nearby Luton, a witness actually saw a tornado funnel at ground level going through her garden.

Redrow Homes press office was unavailable for comment when the LBO went to press.

---------- Post added at 09:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I'll try and paste in the photos

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Town hit by tornado - Leighton Buzzard Today - Back to Home Page

---------- Post added at 09:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 AM ----------

Follow the link lads, I'm a bit crap with url's and links

Last edited by a moderator:
How interesting ha , must have been like 30 ton of kit

Top Bottom