Who do you work for (1 Viewer)

X

XxIANxX

Not sure if anyones already started a similar thread but if not i'll kick it off

I'm a safety consultant with Safety & Access

Im a chargehand with Deborahs. Have worked for better but it good considering the lack of work out there.

work for meself , used safety and access quiet a few times for training

How do you find em scaffy, ive been here 3 years and they're pretty good to work for. Did a lot of my training here prior to working for em but always good to get others feedback.

Ian , done my ticket there originally in 1994 , allways dealt with Elaine but led to believe she has gone from there now , we put approx 30 scaffolders through there over the years , however we are south coast and we now use C&G assesments / Benchmark up at London due to the logistics , have met Ray Johnson as well in the past
Well id give them 10/10 as they allways done good for us.
blokes allways rated them
Nottingham good town to go out for a session used to be full of brasses , forest row , maplin street ha ha

Ian , done my ticket there originally in 1994 , allways dealt with Elaine but led to believe she has gone from there now , we put approx 30 scaffolders through there over the years , however we are south coast and we now use C&G assesments / Benchmark up at London due to the logistics , have met Ray Johnson as well in the past
Well id give them 10/10 as they allways done good for us.
blokes allways rated them
Nottingham good town to go out for a session used to be full of brasses , forest row , maplin street ha ha

Elaine left and went oner to Oz last year, she told it how it were and always stood her ground , always got on with her . Ray's my gaffer and although he has no experience on the spanners he's a pretty decent bloke. I do a lot of monitoring work for Benchmark ( Barnsley Division) decent little outfit

Yeh Elaine was the only one i dealt with from day one sweet as a nut !!
C&G at Beckton is more closer to us no need to get involved with digs travel and all the ******** that goes with it.
Yeh i think ray brought SIS of SGB or the like wernt it ,

Did my CISRS supervisor course at Safety and Access, Did my part 2 with safety and access in 1990 ,Mike Morris the group H&S man at SGB sent us as I remember. I found them ok although the fella running the supervisors course liked to blow his own trumpet, I though he was a bit of a cock after the first couple of days seemed like he'd put scaffolding on every building in Nottingham, not doubting him but he would have to be about 300 years old to have fitted it all in.
I am a partner /director of a scaffold firm although last week I was a scaffolder as well.

Wasn't there during that time dangeruss , if it was John Cambell training you then all I can say we call him the knoledge , if it was John Ellis he's worked all over the world and has a bachelors and masters diploma , although he still works in training (god knows why )

was that mick hussy ?? Now that is a up ya own ass sort of geeza , i done mine with a guy called roger in 1994 - great crack i was only young ha
So you boys busy - sold a load of gear up they way a few months ago ampthill way some firm beginning with F , i see Robin Head is doing well these days (BFT)

Couldn't possibly comment on the guys name as it wouldn't be fair ,but he looked like Uncle Albert so you know who I mean. Funnily enough the guy who turned up to do the cleaning on Friday was an ex scaff and he told us this particular person was a manager longer than he was a scafffolder and not to take too much notice as he was prone to exagerate. You tell me Ian, he was also the same guy that told one of our scaffs doing his advanced ticket that he didn't need an Nvq because he started his training before 1996 we all found this wasn't the case anymore.

was that mick hussy ?? Now that is a up ya own ass sort of geeza , i done mine with a guy called roger in 1994 - great crack i was only young ha
So you boys busy - sold a load of gear up they way a few months ago ampthill way some firm beginning with F , i see Robin Head is doing well these days (BFT)

Were quiet at the minute, little training coming in and i'm out 3 days a week at the minute monitoring and 7 day inspections , luckily i'm on salary so spend 2 days at home payed, although its not all its cracked up to be would rather be gaining experience. I really need to make a move and work directly for a scaffold company as vI would feel I could justify what i'm doing

Big head was always gonna do well Scaffy, I was working for BFT at London Bridge house of frazier when I had my accident and was nearly killed, to be fair to Robin when I got well he had me in the office supervising. He got into mast climbers and ditched the scaffolding as you know, when we were on the tools at BFT we had some great scaffolders and we had some great jobs.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:08 PM ----------

The firm you sold the gear to would be Fortis, funny enough one of their guys lives 100 yrds away from me .small world, we are flat out at the moment mate but not making much of a margin.

Couldn't possibly comment on the guys name as it wouldn't be fair ,but he looked like Uncle Albert so you know who I mean. Funnily enough the guy who turned up to do the cleaning on Friday was an ex scaff and he told us this particular person was a manager longer than he was a scafffolder and not to take too much notice as he was prone to exagerate. You tell me Ian, he was also the same guy that told one of our scaffs doing his advanced ticket that he didn't need an Nvq because he started his training before 1996 we all found this wasn't the case anymore.

Uncle Albert lol I know who you mean , you owe me a new keyboard :D

Uncle albert !!! - do i know him ???
Yeh thats it fortis , sold them a load of stuff early on this year , only know Robin used to buy a bit off him in the 90s . seemed to know what he was doing - the lorry driver had been in that plane crassh on the motorway if i remember rightly

We are busy too but then the only stuff we earn on is in London (50 miles from base) but 80% of our workload up there now - so cant complain , the margins are being made

Yea Ill buy that new keyboard Ian with the massive proffit were making on a daily basis...............................NOT.

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

That lorry driver is my sons God farther, Charlie ,was with him on Friday night the most accident prone person in the world. Smaller world !

Top Bottom