Film (1 Viewer)

Anyone worked in the film stuios,

i had to build an access tower in the old scottish tv studios in glasgow,30 mins into the job a tv producer came over to us and asked us to cease working as they were about to start filming and to see if we would like to be in the audience as they needed more men, so there we were 3 hairy arsed scaffolders in working clothes at the front of the crowd in a show talking about sex toys.never again!

yeah i have worked in tv and films it wasnt bad but money wasnt great unless your on location and stand by,why you after getting into it?

bbc & itv in manchester,prob about year ago last job,where you from?can give you the number of the firm i worked for,there were 2 but the firm i worked for has 90% of the work.

Cheers mate, not far from milton keynes , i was thinking like one of the big films.

a work mate did gladiator

A lad I know worked on Gladiator, Paddy Beeston from Lincoln, he told me they did the coliseum by basically building a "Wedge" and superimposing it to give the appearence of being circular. It was filmed in Malta and he was out there for 12 weeks.

Nice work if you can get it!!

My claim to fame was building a tower to sit the spot light on in the old Central Studios in Nottingham for the Joe Longthorn show, he was there rehearsing whilst we were building the tower and kept moaning about our noise...He should have been concentrating on the sh*t noise coming from his gob!! no wonder they dropped him not long after!!:D

Has anyone done any Famous/Celebs Properties?

i done a lot of work at anglia tv studios and out on locations for the inspector dagliesh series and the chief series,good money,good grub,done a couple of church services as well,got payed night out money but slept in the back of there lorry covered in black out curtains more money for beers,them were the days

Has anyone done any Famous/Celebs Properties?

Yeah I did a small scaffold at Sir Ben Kingsleys Manor... thing is I'd never heard of the bloke and said "Alright mate" when I saw him. That day, I discovered "sirs" dont like being called "mate", and even worse hate it when you don't know who they are!!

I put a scaffold up for a fella called russ swift famous for being a stunt driver in mini cars done stuff for the latest italian job,asked if he wanted to get his minis out of the garages before we put the job up,told us not to worry about it,2 days later job done he came to see job with a beer for us,giggled started cars up and flew out garages slidding cars between the stds,absolute class,and a top fella..

Top Bottom