Ecitb scaffs tkt (1 Viewer)

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
Hbi to everyone. Not been long on the forum only come across it when i was laid off in march. i have a ecitb tkt for the last 15 years for scaffolding, which you r all aware runs out in december. but it hasnt been reconised for a while. im now told by the union that its stays with you for life. but if a company r wanting cissrs tkts where do i stand. i know nothing these days stands for experience. but in the 15 years of scaffolding ive worked for interserve, capes and hertels not small outfits. but cause there run by lagging bosses, and im paid as a advanced scaff there not going to send me on tkt they take trainees on for that. im not willing to pay near on 3 grand and 18 months later 2 do something that im ive been doing all this time. at the end of the day it takes 10 mins to c a blagger. all you get is the trainning schools making the money, assessed route come out on site watch for 2 days hangers, boiler work, not hop ups. dont take my livelehood away from me:(

Money 4 nothing

hi ya , i know how you feel ,i been in the game since 1987 an finding it hard to get funding for ticket , yet someone jus got a ticket outta nowhere dont know jack, an is more qualified to do the job , FRUSTRAITING or what ?, :mad:

go onto nasc website,go down page click on to enquiries and send e,mail fao david mosley.explain your work history how this problem,s left you feeling and if there is anyway of introducing you into the cisrs scheme from your ecitb.ive just done this sent my e,mail late last night,waiting on reply.fingers crossed.good luck to yourself also mate

T.Animal,

I thought this was meant to be sorted out years ages ago hence the reason for withdrawing the assessed route of entry. As things stand at the minute I don't think you have a great deal of choice in regard to cissrs as every main contractor now requires them although as is now well documented there is no legal requirement. I know it won't be easy especially if you are out of work at the moment but try and find a sympathetic employer who will send you for tickets, a complete waste of time I know as you will learn nothing after 15 years in the game. I think ragscaff brought it up at his meeting with executive but even if he manages to get them to re-introduce assessed route of entry it's going to be a long time before it becomes a reality.
Good luck any way and if you find an answer let me know.

Johnny,

Good luck with the nasc, one of the boys here has a score ticket and the nasc were the first to give me a dig for it even although it has citb stamped all over it. No one had the balls to come out and actually say they are not a credible ticket and it left the boys with them under a cloud with no where to go, if they banned them they would need to help the boys with re-training but they left it to rot and then main contractors stopped accepting them and your left dealing with the problem.

Future

Good news fellow scaffs , i,ve jus been told , SHAW TRUST is gonna fund me £400. plus PATHWAYS , will donate £50+ i have a meeting on monday with another fund organization who might find the rest of the money,heres hoping , :)THIS HAS BEEN POSIBLE BECAUSE OF THIS FORUM .. MANY THANKS TO WHO EVER CREATED THIS FORUM ::bigsmile:

Good news fellow scaffs , i,ve jus been told , SHAW TRUST is gonna fund me £400. plus PATHWAYS , will donate £50+ i have a meeting on monday with another fund organization who might find the rest of the money,heres hoping , :)THIS HAS BEEN POSIBLE BECAUSE OF THIS FORUM .. MANY THANKS TO WHO EVER CREATED THIS FORUM ::bigsmile:

Well when I did my shadowing for instructing I was amazed to find 1of my old managers doing a cisrs part 1 course. They're isn't a job that this guy couldn't do. My heart goes out to all of you in this situation. Let me know what dave mosley has to say. It took him 3 months to phone me. Also send the same email to Bob whincap at rotor scaffolding. President of NASC. It was him who made dave finally phone me.as for this funding 400 isn't go to go far. Keep us informed.

go onto nasc website,go down page click on to enquiries and send e,mail fao david mosley.explain your work history how this problem,s left you feeling and if there is anyway of introducing you into the cisrs scheme from your ecitb.ive just done this sent my e,mail late last night,waiting on reply.fingers crossed.good luck to yourself also mate
Dont hold out much hope my m8 **** hot scaffolder been doing it 25 years got laid off same time as me matrix system scored low on further training req on the dole. went 2 nasc to appeal told him to get written testiments from all his last employers which he did took him 2 days to track everyone down for his 25 years. glowing praises the nuts, put it 2 them and they knocked him back the only thing they would do is give him a trainee card free of charge. how fu**ing **** is that. :mad:

Just like Aom i thought this had been sorted , yet it appears the ECITB card holders have been hung out to dry :mad:

The ECITB are an NVQ awarding body , the simple solution would be to award their card holders with NVQ level 2 or 3 in rigging and access operations based on on site assessment and work based evidence.

The ECITB card holders in theory should be able to apply for a CISRS card based on NVQ ,s 2 for a blue scaffolders card and level three advanced/gold card , providing they have an up to date touch screen test or a safety passport.

Historicaly the ECITB have strong conections to the unions and i personaly would persue this avenue for help and advice rather than NASC. Forum memeber Paddy Carr may be able to offer some advice from a union perspective .

This is a serious issue and would erge all CISRS card holders to support our ECITB brothers.

Don't have a great deal of faith in the NASC these days they seem to want to dictate what goes, how we should work, who we should work for,what tickets we should have.

It used to be the case that if you had started your scaffold training before 1996 you didn't need an NVQ your card would read "Industry accredited" on the back. One of our lads who started his training in 1989 went on his advanced course at Safety and Access in January ,he was told at Safety and Access he wouldn't need to do the dreaded portfolio, he sent off his ticket and was told the 1996 rule had changed and he had to fill in a portfolio and go back for an assesment costing a further £400, when we asked why the rule had changed we were told it was because the NASC had insisted on it.Yet again utter confusion right arm doesn't know what the left arms doing.

We tried to join the NASC and were told we couldn't because we had only been trading for 18 months and you need to be trading for 2 years so this in effect restricts our customer base who seem to think that if a company is NASC accredited all of the scaffolders are on the cards, with all the relevant tickets.Not the case at all in my experience.

I feel so sorry for the lads with ECITB cards if this is the way they are going to be treated. I would argue the case with the NASC that a scaffold ticket /card is not in fact a mandatory requirement in law however you must be a "compeitant person" to erect scaffolding/falsework ,competancy is measured using the following factors -Training ,Experience, Qualifications therefore if somebody has been a scaffolder for 15 years he has shown experience, if that person has also undergone various courses, inductions, on the job evaluations they have proved training, if that same person also has a valid ECITB card thats been accepted for the last 30 years that suggests qualifications .

I really can't see why the NASC and CISRS can't just say that if somebody fits the above criteria they can apply for a conversion/equivalent qualification and replace their old ECITB card with a new CISRC card. For a decent scaff to be sitting at home claiming the dole because of the pig headed attitude of an,lets face it advisory body like the NASC is a disgrace.

Can we not start some kind of petition and send it to the NASC and the CISRS ,after all if it wasn't for scaffolders and their companies paying into the NASC their wouldn't be an NASC and everybody would be happy.

Be free f**k the NASC

Nice one sabre

Dangeruss - surprised there isnt another scaffold confederation in existence , there usually is in most other trades , we only have the NASC , i know there is the LASC as well in the south but cant really find out anything about that , likewise we havent got 2 years worth of accounts when we applied so we got the knock back too , however there wasnt anything on the application we couldnt satisfy other than that

Last edited:
Yea know the feeling Scaffy, we should black ball the NASC and start up a new body who are interested in scaffolders and scaffolding contractors and not just making a few quid off the back of us. We could call it the " Confederation of reliable access practitioners and scaffolders" or C.R.A.P.S for short, or what about the construction union of national tradesmen scaffolders or C.U.N.T.S. for short ,simples, lets hear some more, sounds like a topic for a new thread.

Why the hell can't ECITB ticket holders do a 1 day assesment to prove why they where a ticket holder anyway!!! Thats what happens now once you done your 10 days. Surley 10-20 years working warrents that at least:eek:

If you are currently working, then an on site accesment can be done. Low cost & more qualified scaffolders.

They won't bring back assessed route but we are talking qualified ticketed scaffolders. ( May not be bringing much money for the NASC but tough )

Ragscaff

Answered your own question there Ragscaff, the NASC won't make any money, got to have money to pay for a load of suits to sit about dictating policy which keeps them in a job......but not you.

Dangeruss Yeh like your suggestion , let me know when you want to set up C.U.N.T.S would be the better one being a power word

When you starting the new topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Dangeruss Yeh like your suggestion , let me know when you want to set up C.U.N.T.S would be the better one being a power word

When you starting the new topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dont hold out much hope my m8 **** hot scaffolder been doing it 25 years got laid off same time as me matrix system scored low on further training req on the dole. went 2 nasc to appeal told him to get written testiments from all his last employers which he did took him 2 days to track everyone down for his 25 years. glowing praises the nuts, put it 2 them and they knocked him back the only thing they would do is give him a trainee card free of charge. how fu**ing **** is that. :mad:

T.ANIMAL could you explain the maitrix system for forum members like myself who are not familiar with it.

Thanks in advance.

Animal the matrix points system is supposidly used now as they are not allowed to do last in 1st out anymore.
Basicly it's bol***s
it has so many questions where whoever filling it out gives you a rating of 1 to 10. 10 being excellent.
1.attendence
2.attitude
3.ability
4.knowledge
5.does as told
6.toilet breaks
7.qualifications
8.lateness
9.warnings
10.turnover.
Hope you get mi drift.
After the questions are filled out they add up the total scores, giving you the matrix points system .

---------- Post added at 08:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 AM ----------

There is no way NASC will favour a days assessment to determine an ecitb as like has been said it will cost them £****** in lost training revenue. Clearly this is a major union matter and should have been acted on years ago while they were taking the subs.

Cisrs / NASC = same company
each part 1 =£ 800- 1000
part 2 = £600 - 800
1day assessment = £350
advanced = £600 - 800
2 day assessment = £400-600
per candidate.

advanced guard rail system = £'s
step up device = £'s

All in training costs.

I have posted an e-mail I have sent to the HSE on the Committee for Consultation Rights Section. As not a lot of members look at this section because it is hard to find I have also posted it on this thread.

"Morning """"""""",

When we had our meeting one of the issues was the clarification of competent scaffolder. I asked if the regs could not show CISRS Trained, the answer back was because the requirement is ticketed & trained that was not possible. Why is it then that a scaffolder with an ECITB ticket is not recognised by the NASC.

Some guys who have these tickets have been scaffolding for years, they now are finding themselves out of work because of this. I need to e-mail this to the NASC could you please advice me on the best person to talk to in regards this matter.

If there was a need for some sort of assessed route then this is it. These guys were told they were trained for life!! Same as now with the CISRS will that change as well?

Best Regards Stewart

Ragscaff"

Judging by the state of some of the ciris ticket holders ive worked with,if they are capable of being issued a ticket after a 2 week course,while fellas with years and years of experience cant exchange older types of tickets for these,or have a short free assesment to gain them,then it doesnt bode well for the future of the industry,just a bunch of robbing 8astards making up the pocket filling rules.:mad:

Top Bottom